• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 2080 Ti delay when i pre-ordered on day of announcement from OC UK!

Associate
I pre-ordered a RTX 2080 Ti (MSI Duke version) on the day of announcement from Overclockers UK.
(20th of August.) Apparently, i'm within the top 10 in the queue.

I still haven't received it. I know there was a delay with the RTX Ti series, but i thought it was just for 1 week until the 27th of September. It is now 2 weeks later.

I have contacted OC UK over the phone every week and no one can give a clear date of when they will arrive, they just keep saying hopefully they will arrive next week.

I have also contacted MSI UK about it over the phone and email and they said they would 'get back to me' but never have.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

One thing i have noticed is that when i pre-ordered the MSI RTX 2080 Ti Duke, it was only £1059.89...it increased a few days after to £1239.99 and now it is £1289.99 and a few of my friends have said that they may be withholding the stock because of the price increase and waiting for you to cancel so they can re-sell it for more.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'm still baffled why people pre-order the more expensive partner cards. They look terrible aesthetically, they don't overclock significantly more than the FE, yet they cost more, and their prices are subject to stock availability.

1.) At the time, for me the MSI Duke was actually cheaper than the FE.
2.) Saying all AIB cards look terrible aesthetically is just nonsense. Furthermore, it's subjective anyway and i bet most people would disagree.
3.) So in other words, they still overclock more than the FE? (and in some cases, cost the same, or in my case; less!)

Associate
OP
Last week was Golden Week in China, so all production ceased whilst they take a break, this of course adds delays to shipments.
But the yield NVIDIA had planned for has simply not happened.

We have no ETA, some brands are saying end of November before volume shipments.

We honour all pre-orders irrelevant of the price paid, so simply remain steady, I do know that MSI, EVGA have shipped little to nothing into the channel. So far the volumes seem to be coming from Asus, Gigabyte, Inno3D, Palit and Zotac.
This is all what i wanted. - Someone to explain the situation to me and be honest and upfront. Is gives me peace of mind and stops me getting my hopes up at the end of every week hoping it is going to get sent out.

I now have the information i need to either cancel or play the waiting game. Tbf, i would cancel and just get an FE model however they are also out of stock.

Associate
OP
Pretty much yes and when stock does enter the UK it seems to be really crazy small volumes, make no sense, Asus and Gigabyte are shipping much greater volume.

Either MSI don't like OcUK or they don't like the UK full stop as we've had ZERO MSI 2080Ti stock and from what I can tell the rest of the UK has had little to none but seems they are giving other regions stock. I guess MSI do not share stock fairly or send the stock to where there is the demand, whereas the other board partners seem a lot more switched on and send the stock to where it has sold well and can sell well.

MSI has different management now in the UK to previous years, its simply not as supportive of OcUK or the UK in general it seems. :(

As its also very odd why MSI even seem to have very little 2080, yet every other board partner can supply us triple digits, yet I see MSI 2080 is pretty much out of stock everywhere in the UK but in stock in other regions. Kind of sucks really!

I shall speak to Gigabyte, maybe they can send us additional 2080Ti stock at a reduced price to give the option to our pre-ordered MSI customers a Gigabyte card at same price as they paid for the MSI, I shall ask as Gigabyte are seeing me later today.
Hi Gibbo,

I really appreciate you taking the initiative.

If Gigabyte decides it's a go, i would be happy to receive a Gigabyte card instead. (Or from any brand for that matter, besides blower cards and anything at all from Inno3D.)

If this is done, i'll be sure to personally write a letter to OC UK for your initiative and response and also leave a review on Trust pilot.

Back
Top Bottom