• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 4090 Max VRAM OC's

You can still OC the core, however you'll be limited to max 450W GPU power draw. Most games will not get close to pulling 450W anyway, however benchmarks such as 3DMark Port Royal will reach the limit, and will begin to pull-back boost clocks.

With a 600W 12VHPWR cable, the power limit slider allows upto 133%.
With a 3x PCIE to 12VHPWR splitter, only 450W / 100% should be available.
It also depends upon individual graphics card BIOS. Some lower-spec 4090's only allow 450W even if a 600W 12VHPWR (or 4x PCIE to 12VHPWR) connection is made.

In all-honnesty, going above 450W will yield next to no performance gains on air or water cooling. The only gains will be more heat and higher power-consumption. That's why I am aiming for low-power rather than high. Keeping GPU power low allows all of the system to run cooler and quieter.
Bodycam on Tumblewood map I see an almost 10% increase in fps (7fps i think) going from stock to 3000mhz on core and +1500 memory.

7fps is quite a lot imo when in the 60/70s.

I’m using an EVGA 850w PSU and Furmark 2 it can suck up 615W on the 4x 8 pin adapter.

I tend to protect my investment by sticking to 450w bios and 3 power plugs then only using +200 core and +1600 ram. Been stable since release day and honestly I've never been able to max out the usage of the card with the games I play. I like older games. Been nice to 4k 120 all games flato ut for a couple of years though. No desire for new GPU. Frame gen will simply be used if I ever want to play a new game in like 2027 or something. The one new game I played was the new Senua 2 on gamepass and it ran slow but also it was a horrible corridor narrative game. I tend to spend all my time on my old consoles and my Retrotink 4k. PC is alrightish now but honestly I'm good with retro til I die.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom