• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX - Your rendering device has been lost.

Soldato
The rendering device lost is a big overwatch issue and it's caused by drivers.

The solution is to use an older driver that works and stick with it.

I have had this many times on my amd cards and nvidia cards. There was actually 9 months where none of the amd drivers worked 100% with overwatch but they did get sorted it in the end. The nvidia ones are very hit and miss with overwatch just find one that works and stick with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had these issues with a 470, 780, and a 970 before I finally switched to AMD and it went away :/

I think there is a combination of unstable cards, bad drivers and possibly hardware in-compatibility going on.

Soldato
How many cards you got then..... Cos me and my friends have never had this issue before, ever.. and there's plenty of people complaining older drivers or w/e doesn't fix the issue.

I mean you're gaming on a HD TV with a 1080, you might as well be on a console.
someone gives sound advice and your response is to be rude?

Soldato
Sorry, how is it sound advice?
And he claims he's tried it on a tonne of different GPU's, he's clearly a casual gamer, aka unlikely.
wow, not even an apology.

in all my years on here it's very rare to come across someone asking for help who tries their best to alienate those who would seek to offer advice. i'd understand you being a bit miffed (but doesn't excuse being needlessly rude) if your opening post had mentioned already trying multiple gpu drivers but it doesn't (other than mentioning 'NVIDIA suggestions' which means the square root of **** all)

also, if you don't know how it was sound advice then i would politely suggest you should switch to console gaming.

i'm guessing you're probably going to have to look into other avenues for support/advice/help as i imagine anyone who reads this thread will have little to no sympathy for your plight. at this stage i'd suggest an rma is your best bet seeing as you're a pro gamer and all that. fingers crossed there is actually something wrong with the card though otherwise the rma could be a costly waste of time.

Soldato
wow, not even an apology.

in all my years on here it's very rare to come across someone asking for help who tries their best to alienate those who would seek to offer advice. i'd understand you being a bit miffed (but doesn't excuse being needlessly rude) if your opening post had mentioned already trying multiple gpu drivers but it doesn't (other than mentioning 'NVIDIA suggestions' which means the square root of **** all)

also, if you don't know how it was sound advice then i would politely suggest you should switch to console gaming.

i'm guessing you're probably going to have to look into other avenues for support/advice/help as i imagine anyone who reads this thread will have little to no sympathy for your plight. at this stage i'd suggest an rma is your best bet seeing as you're a pro gamer and all that. fingers crossed there is actually something wrong with the card though otherwise the rma could be a costly waste of time.

Agreed.
I was even going to post myself until I read his reply.
I have even had his issue and fixed mine I will not offer this advice.

Soldato
Agreed.
I was even going to post myself until I read his reply.
I have even had his issue and fixed mine I will not offer this advice.
fully understandable and exactly what i suspected would happen. i'd bet there's been a fair few who could have possibly helped sort the problem but have passed the thread by having had a read of it!

@op rma time and cross those pro gamer fingers :p

Associate
I had the same issue on Overwatch with my Zotac AMP Extreme 1080Ti and it was a faulty card though the problem did sometimes reappear on my replacement card and I fixed it by upping the power draw to 110%. The claim that this is a Driver issue is a complete myth, it's a problem with Overclocked cards and the way Overwatch interacts with them, Blizzard suggest resetting your card to default clocks but on high end cards because they come already overclocked that would mean actively underclocking but as I previously said upping the power draw seems to achieve the same result.

(Also turn RTX off it's the most pointless feature ever)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom