• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX3080 - Low GPU Utilisation/Power Usage in some games

Associate
Hi all,

I have ran some tests recently and have noticed lower power usage & gpu utilisation in Call of Duty Modern Warfare + Cold War.

I'm using a 5600x which is boosting to 4.9GHz+ & I play at 1440p - 144Hz generally with everything on Ultra/Max.

For example in Hitman 2 or SOTR I can see my GPU Utilisation is pegged at 98-99% and my GPU is drawing 310-350w constantly. Yet in both COD games I'm seeing 94-95% utilisation and GPU power draw around 240-260w which seems to me like there is some performance being left on the table somewhere and was wondering if someone knew why. I have removed all framecaps/nvidia reflex etc for my testing which had no effect.

Thanks

Associate
Thats because for other games you are just using rasterization performance, hence the more juice, the other game ( COD ) or anything with RT+DLSS you are using DLSS and RT cores for the other work.

Associate
I have a similar problem with Fortnite. CPU 56%, GPU 36% and I'm getting stutters every two seconds. I have the latest windows updates and drivers. Problem Drivers? Internet in general? Fortnite servers/updates?

Associate
OP
Thats because for other games you are just using rasterization performance, hence the more juice, the other game ( COD ) or anything with RT+DLSS you are using DLSS and RT cores for the other work.

Sorry forgot to mention DLSS & RTX disabled.

I have figured it out and even with a 5600x overclocked both COD games seem to be CPU bound for me (even though cpu usages is very very low) even at 1440p, as when I stick my render resolution up to 4k in game I can see the GPU utilisation goes upto 99% and powerdraw right upto the 350watt limit.

Back
Top Bottom