Rumour: Amazon to buy EA

Permabanned
Even if FIFA games are not that good, they are still the best footy games out there? I really haven't heard of Pro Evo since my days at college.

EA have built a massive market around their FIFA franchise, so I just don't see how another company can jump on it and expect to make massive profits without the experience and technology EA have had implemented over many years.

Man of Honour
Even if FIFA games are not that good, they are still the best footy games out there? I really haven't heard of Pro Evo since my days at college.

EA have built a massive market around their FIFA franchise, so I just don't see how another company can jump on it and expect to make profits without the decades of experience and technology EA have had.

Until Konami decided to make Pro Evo "free to play" in the last 2-3 years most folk still thought it was the better "football" game - albeit without licensing in most cases
FIFA/EA is really the only game in town now.

Remember back on PS1 there were gazillions of different licensed footie games, FIFA, Pro Evo, This is Football, Three Lions, Actua Soccer, etc

Associate
If someone else pays for the license from FIFA it won't get them much other than the name on the box and some official tournament content.

EA also pay other FA ,leagues and clubs and players for license to use in game.

Caporegime
I see gaming crashing sooner rather than later, with the upcoming cost of living crisis about to hit hard over winter and into next year there aren't many people who are going to be able to afford to game, would be a poor purchase for anybody at this moment I think.

I'd say the opposite, more people being stuck in doors with less pubs or restraunts to spend money on. Less expensive outdoor sports to participate in. So a low cost monthly subscription will be very appealing. Monthly subscriptions have been appealing to lower incomes since the early 90s. (credit cards, store cards, sky, tvs, etc).

Permabanned
Until Konami decided to make Pro Evo "free to play" in the last 2-3 years most folk still thought it was the better "football" game - albeit without licensing in most cases
FIFA/EA is really the only game in town now.

Remember back on PS1 there were gazillions of different licensed footie games, FIFA, Pro Evo, This is Football, Three Lions, Actua Soccer, etc

Right, there was a fair few back then.. Actua Soccer rings a bell. Whichever one with 'Let me enterain you' song playing in the menus.

Don't know why these games died off. Pro Evo back then was regarded as the better game, but there was a some stigma against these unlicensed games. David Peckam, etc. Maybe that's all it was.

Soldato
EA have been smart enough to hold a seperate license for club trademarks, player names etc etc. The only thing FIFA control is stuff like the World Cup branding (In regards to the game)

Back
Top Bottom