• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rumour: AMD's 4096 Shader Big Navi in Q4 2019?

Soldato
True i would never buy an AMD card. The last time i did it was a nasty 4790 something with a blower and coil whine. Sounds a lot like the 5700xt though right? People talking about undervolting while on Nvidia they talk about overclocking? It looks awful on the side of AMD face the facts Nvidia have higher quality products.

Physx might of sold a few cards, AMD had nothing for thr Physx era. Raytracing? Same again AMD not even in the game. VSR can not do 4k with no fps cap where on Nvidia you can push futuristic things like 4k 240hz? Where was the AMD ULMB part of Freesync? Ah yes that is right once again AMD HAVE NONE!

So yes AMD have a mountain to climb to gain certain customers, Not out of loyality but because normally AMD mean coil whine blower cards at 100c that still can not beat the rival cards. This is the truth!

I don't think they do have have higher quality products though, look at the 2080ti space invader. Look at the 970 with it's 3.5GIG of VRAM...look at how NV cheap out on VRAM full stop, they've only just got 8GB on the 6 series cards. The 2080 is woefully under-VRAMNMED for the price....PHYS X? LOL you are scraping the barrel now!

IQ is also better on AMD.

Ray Tracing is nothing to shout about, it's little more than smearing on afew titles at unplayable frame rates. You may have a point at the very top end with soome features, but for 90% of gamers AMD are as good if not better.

Associate
You may have a point at the very top end with soome features, but for 90% of gamers AMD are as good if not better.

And I think thats AMD's plan really. To generate products which are competitive in the mainstream area. I think in RT tech settles into an industry standard path going forward, there is likely not enough to a return to chase the top-end place for a marginally small section of the market.

Permabanned
True i would never buy an AMD card.

Ok, then I would never buy a nvidia card. Because for 2 decades, they haven't learnt how to reproduce true colours.
Putting raytracing with wrong reflections and shadows in select animated games, doesn't help either.

And when on all of that, you put the insults which we all receive from the black-leather-jacket troll, things become unbearable.

Permabanned
Ok, then I would never buy a nvidia card. Because for 2 decades, they haven't learnt how to reproduce true colours.
Putting raytracing with wrong reflections and shadows in select animated games, doesn't help either.

And when on all of that, you put the insults which we all receive from the black-leather-jacket troll, things become unbearable.

Did you have to download a different driver to get 10bit? I saw they released 10bit support maybe AMD have them there i only use 8bit at most.

Also who said AMD have better IQ than Nvidia Darujhistan? I reckon they are about equal no one has ever proved otherwise. You need to adjust the Nvidia drivers to HQ mode and compare both HQ modes. And you have to do Sharpening vs Freestyle if this is what he means. But if you take DSR and VSR into it i think Nvidia look best to me as they do a perfect 4k 8bit for me where AMD would be stuck at a lower setting.

And yea i scraped the barrel on physx my point was not about the merit of each software, But that the closed Nvidia version normally paved the way for the open source versions. I wish people would stop accusing me of being a Nvidia fanboy too lol lads i will buy whatever is best if i could knife leather jacket troll in the back with a good Navi card that suited my needs i would.

Permabanned
I'm back on my RX480 for now. I thought about going for a 5700XT but it's priced too high, It's an RX480/580/590 replacement so it should be priced at around £300 for the reference model & maxing out at around 400.

Soldato
I don't think they do have have higher quality products though, look at the 2080ti space invader. Look at the 970 with it's 3.5GIG of VRAM...look at how NV cheap out on VRAM full stop, they've only just got 8GB on the 6 series cards. The 2080 is woefully under-VRAMNMED for the price....PHYS X? LOL you are scraping the barrel now!

IQ is also better on AMD.

Ray Tracing is nothing to shout about, it's little more than smearing on afew titles at unplayable frame rates. You may have a point at the very top end with soome features, but for 90% of gamers AMD are as good if not better.

The IQ argument is a moot point

Permabanned
It's ok everybody I've just purchased a 5700XT which will means AMD will now give a release date for Big Navi ;)

I thought the same :p However I think the 5700XT should be good for now, surprisingly fast

5700 XT at 250W is already the "big Navi" which people expect. How much performance improvement would you expect if you rise it to 300W?
It needs a serious IPC and efficiency improvement in order to be able to match the RTX 2080 Ti ~35% higher performance at 1080p and ~55% performance uplift at 2160p.

Pushing Navi 10 to its knees in the pursuit of every last drop of performance will strike back at AMD for the higher model, when it comes.

Caporegime
5700 XT at 250W is already the "big Navi" which people expect. How much performance improvement would you expect if you rise it to 300W?
It needs a serious IPC and efficiency improvement in order to be able to match the RTX 2080 Ti ~35% higher performance at 1080p and ~55% performance uplift at 2160p.

Pushing Navi 10 to its knees in the pursuit of every last drop of performance will strike back at AMD for the higher model, when it comes.

5700XT is 225W not 250W.
Big Navi could have HBM.

5700XT is a tiny GPU.

Permabanned
5700XT is 225W not 250W.

It's 252W.

RX-5700-XT.png

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/msi-radeon-rx-5700-xt-evoke/31.html

Permabanned
Caporegime
Every AIB 5700 XT card is around 250W.

The point still stands - this is the maximum of the architecture for now. They need a new architecture to improve even to match the RTX 2080 Ti.

I don't care what every AIB is.

It's a 225W card.

You go off the *reference* design.

AMD can make gains from HBM as well.

The 5700XT may be terribly efficient power wise for its size. But AMD have headroom.

Back
Top Bottom