Running out of ideas, Stupid Clio!!

Soldato
[Darkend]Viper;19725785 said:
I've had to change the earth leads on lots of renaults over the years which causes various different problems, from lights dimming to engine not starting first time, running badly, randonly cutting out.

I always now attach a jump lead to the engine block and negative to rule out any possibilities about earth.

This, check it for condition...should be bolted to the gearbox on the front side (nearest the rad) and the chassis leg iirc. Take it off and inspect it, even if it looks in one piece it can still be corroded enough to affect the electrics...
:)

Soldato
Mine had a problem with cutting out where sometimes it would restart and others you had to wait hours, could happen at any time (outside lane of the motorway was probably the scariest!). Power would drop off and pick back up again also, sometimes the orange engine management warning light would come on etc.

Ended up being a loose connection/wire for the fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail (the big 'spider' looking thing on the front of the engine block that has shiny pipes going to the engine block is about the best way i can describe it), replaced with a new connector and all was well again (section 4B.11 - 13.8 in the haynes manual for the car).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom