• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Running VRR 120hz HDR 10bit on Q80T + 3080

Man of Honour
I figured out why HDR at vanished, something switched it from full-screen back to borderless and thus game mode was activated - which it seems (stupidly) it needs to enable it for games, even though the desktop is also in HDR mode (per the TV and Windows). Sigh, so much work still needs to be done on this.

Indeed. One of my biggest gripes on my XSX (other than 120hz disabling hdr) is that with VRR enabled game mode switches itself on for streaming apps. It’s infuriating at times. The technology is so nearly there...

I do love the Q80T though - solid blacks, rich colours, no babysitting required.

Associate
Yes. MS, Sony, AMD, nVidia and the display/HDMI reps plus need to get their top people in a room and make this work seamlessly - then tell the studios how to implement it properly. The tech is there, it's just poorlly thought through/implemented

Back
Top Bottom