Running: Your times and distances

Soldato
I notice that we get quite a lot of threads along the lines of
"I am superman, look at how much weights I can lift! rawr!"
and
"Give me supplements, BEEFCAKE!!1"
So I was wondering how people are at running, and what their times are? I'm not a big fan of the whole 'I want to lift x amount in 2 months time', more of a 'I want to run at this pace' kind of guy, so how is everyone else for running?

I usually run a set route (looking to mix it up) of 3.5 miles (5.6 km) which I cover in around about 24:30 (best is 24:12), and I'm looking to improve that to 23 or a bit under. The few times I've run further I've done 4.6 miles in 36 minutes, although I've only done that route a couple of times, as I feel running my shorter distance 3 times a week keeps me fit enough :D Soonish I'm going to look at laying down some sprint times, as at school I did 100m and other sprints, and I anticipate I would demolish those times, also want to see how I am at 400m, nice indicator I feel.

So people, what are your times?
(no treadmillers, we know it's easier, and you're not big or clever in your sanitised environments with no wind resistance or uneven surfaces :p)

My times
5.6km @ 24:12
7.36km @ ~36minutes

Caporegime
I could never understand why someone would want to run 10,000m when they could run 100m or 200m. That was my attitude at school and still is now. I preferred short distance races. Start - Run for a few seconds - Finish - Go Home. I think my 100m best was around 11.9secs but it wasn't that good for my age group and I wasn't winning any races so I gave up and took up alcohol full time.

Last edited:
Associate
looks like firstborn takes the lead. i'll happily bring up the tail markers with my 1/2 marathon record of 2hr 9mins.

out of interest, that was exactly 30mins quicker than my first 1/2! looking forward to knocking off another 30 in my next, fingers crossed!!!

Soldato
At the moment I'm running about 9 or 10 minutes a mile for distances over 3 miles (so anything between 3-6 miles at the moment). My best 2.5 mile time is 19 minutes though which isn't too bad considering I couldn't run at all last year.

Soldato
OP
Gilly said:
Haven't accurately measured my distances so I can't really tell you. How are you getting exactly 3.5 miles?
It's roughly 3.5 miles, used a map and a peice of string :D It's very hilly, so if it's actually slightly less than 3.5 miles the hills compensate, and if it's longer then I'm actually better than I think, which isn't a bad thing.

Permabanned
Pigeon_Killer said:
I could never understand why someone would want to run 10,000m when they could run 100m or 200m. That was my attitude at school and still is now. I preferred short distance races. Start - Run for a few seconds - Finish - Go Home. I think my 100m best was around 10.9secs but it wasn't that good for my age group and I wasn't winning any races so I gave up and took up alcohol full time.

You clearly were not running 10.9 then.

Had you been that fast then its likely you would have gone further with training.

Even seasoned sprinters sometimes put in a 10.5 on an off day, so 10.9 is pretty damn rapid, for ANY age group.

Caporegime
CoupeMad said:
You clearly were not running 10.9 then.

Had you been that fast then its likely you would have gone further with training.

Even seasoned sprinters sometimes put in a 10.5 on an off day, so 10.9 is pretty damn rapid, for ANY age group.
:cool: What's wrong with that? Other than the fact that it should've been 11.9s :o :p I've pwnd myself. My PB was actually 11.87s. My quickest in a race was 12.19s and that got me 5th running at under 17 level. The winning time was around 11.4s. If only I could run 10.9 :)

Associate
Been running for 2 weeks now after a long time of no excercise and at a rough guess im running about 2.5 - 3 miles in approx 30 mins.

I did it in 27mins today so a three minute gain hoping to run a half marathon later on in the year maybe, just gonna have to keep running further i spose.

Back
Top Bottom