Russian Roubles

Associate
Has anyone been to Russia lately?

I am going to Moscow in a weeks time for a week long trip. I was ordering Roubles on the LloydsTSB website and it came up saying that there was an import restriction of 5000 Roubles. This seems odd as it is only around £100. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

I will have a small ammount of £ and $ as well when I enter the country, will this be a problem?

Cheers

Associate
just check how much  you can take with you. You will not have problems exchanging them once there. Also it may be better to take dollars instead. If you can go to st petersburg for atleast a day. Much better place to visit.

Soldato
Yeah as said just bring the mighty green $. The times i've been that's what i did, just remember to bring your passport to the change office when you want to change it and strangely enough when you pay by credit card too. You should have your passport on you anyway from what i remember as it's just another way for the police to get a bribe out of you if you don't have it.

Bringing any money into the county isn't a problem, you can change £, $ and € pretty much anywhere.

And I agree that St Petersburg is a great city to visit, I've not been to Moscow personally but my gf hates it and I liked St Petersburg when I went there. I plan on doing Moscow at some point though, probably when stopping off between flights to visit my gf's relatives in Vladikavkaz.

Back
Top Bottom