• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 570 vs RX 580

Soldato
RX 570 vs RX 580 whats the difference ?
all reviews i've seen compare the 570 4gb against the 580 8gb but you can get a 4gb 580 and 8gb 570. sp what is the real difference between the two ?

Soldato
OP
It's a little bit faster. What do the reviews say?
Long story short on average the 580 is 10% to 15% faster but the are comparing a 4gb to a 8gb card. I'm also considering that new 8gb 570 is £50 cheaper the the 8gb 580 but the 4gb 580 and 570 are around the same price.

so I dont really see the fair comparison.

Soldato
The 580 is 10-15% better as you have seen. So it will give you smoother game play or better graphics.

What monitor do you have? Going off your old GPU your not a gamer so just stick with that or get something cheap.

Why do you need a new GPU ?

Soldato
OP
The 580 is 10-15% better as you have seen. So it will give you smoother game play or better graphics.

What monitor do you have? Going off your old GPU your not a gamer so just stick with that or get something cheap.

Why do you need a new GPU ?
I have a Samsung SyncMaster 305T I have a RX 235 at the moment and had a 280x before.
I need a new GPU because the GPU I have at the moment is only basic. I waited last year due to the stupid prices and I just want to do a little research before i jump in.

Soldato
I have a Samsung SyncMaster 305T I have a RX 235 at the moment and had a 280x before.
I need a new GPU because the GPU I have at the moment is only basic. I waited last year due to the stupid prices and I just want to do a little research before i jump in.

Guessing the monitor is a few years old? Bit more than 1080p bit any of them cards will be fine.

If you must go AMD i wouldIget the 590. If you have more cash to spend get something better. Not much of a improvement from the 280x.

I've got a 980ti So when I upgrade I want to be like wow. From a 280 to 580/90 you wouldn't. But it depends on your budget.

Edit. Just doubled checked the monitor. You need Vega 56 or better minimum or your FPS or detail will suffer big time. I didn't look properly and I thought it was a 1200p monitor so scrap the first bit

Soldato
Which one the 570 or 580 its not a fair comparison and I cant see any difference in the 2 other then the vram unless ive missed something.

The reason the RX 580 is faster is because it has

12.5% more cores
7.72% faster processor
14.29% higher memory clock over the same 256bit bus which allows for 14.29% higher memory bandwidth

Put all this together and you have a card that's about 10-15% faster for 26% more money (based off overclockers current pricing)

Soldato
OP
Guessing the monitor is a few years old? Bit more than 1080p bit any of them cards will be fine.

If you must go AMD i wouldIget the 590. If you have more cash to spend get something better. Not much of a improvement from the 280x.

I've got a 980ti So when I upgrade I want to be like wow. From a 280 to 580/90 you wouldn't. But it depends on your budget.

Edit. Just doubled checked the monitor. You need Vega 56 or better minimum or your FPS or detail will suffer big time. I didn't look properly and I thought it was a 1200p monitor so scrap the first bit
I was looking at AMD due to the price v performance, So whatever best value for money.
I dont want to push the boat out at the moment because Im not a heavy gamer and ive not played PC games in a few years so I dont know how much use it will get but I want to get something that will do the job and not be broke after.

I did think of vega but its outside my budget and it my drop by a good amount in a few month.

Soldato
OP
The reason the RX 580 is faster is because it has

12.5% more cores
7.72% faster processor
14.29% higher memory clock over the same 256bit bus which allows for 14.29% higher memory bandwidth

Put all this together and you have a card that's about 10-15% faster for 26% more money (based off overclockers current pricing)
Thanks that was very helpful, so its more then just the ram.

Soldato
OP
https://www.overclock.net/forum/74-...403-graphics-card-ranking.html#/topics/502403

I always you that as a reference when buying.

I have a 980ti and a 1440 monitor. My GPU is starting to sturggle a tiny bit in the games I play so you need something better than that as your monitor is higher resolution. Hope that helps as you don't want to waste cash or be disappointed?
Thanks ill take a look,

I would have looked at used cards also but at the moment its hard to find anything and the ones do come alo9ng have been used for mining within a inch of life.

I'm flexible with bands AMD or Nvidia I dont really care but I cant make my mind up at the moment on what I need want or should spend.

Nvidea prices are a little high considering the age of the cards, I have no idea about graphics cards so im asking questions, going by the review AMD seam to be better value at the moment.

Soldato
Thanks ill take a look,

I would have looked at used cards also but at the moment its hard to find anything and the ones do come alo9ng have been used for mining within a inch of life.

I'm flexible with bands AMD or Nvidia I dont really care but I cant make my mind up at the moment on what I need want or should spend.

Nvidea prices are a little high considering the age of the cards, I have no idea about graphics cards so im asking questions, going by the review AMD seam to be better value at the moment.

I buy used and use the MM. You need something like a 1070ti power or better. Or a different (lower spec) monitor

Associate
Long story short on average the 580 is 10% to 15% faster but the are comparing a 4gb to a 8gb card. I'm also considering that new 8gb 570 is £50 cheaper the the 8gb 580 but the 4gb 580 and 570 are around the same price.

so I dont really see the fair comparison.

The weird thing is on one game the gap is 60 to 100 frames between the 2. As a 570 owner I hope this isn't a sign of things to come

Back
Top Bottom