• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 590 PSU question...

Soldato
*This possibly could be considered more a PSU question, but felt GPU gets more traffic. If admin want to move it though, that is understandable.

Hi there, looking for a bit advice. I'm in process of building a mid-range/ budget gaming PC for one of my colleagues for his sons xmas. The computer is built, but as yet he hasn't bought a GPU so have tested it with my kids RX 480. He is looking to spend around £150'ish.

I have seen this https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powe...raphics-card-black-friday-deal-gx-197-pc.html

Which looks a very decent deal and would compliment rest of rig quite well.

My only problem being, the original PSU we went for was a 600W EVGA, but it was out of stock when we went to order parts, so went for the lower spec EVGA 500W...

Is this going to be sufficient?

Rest of spec is:

2600X (with stock cooling)
Gigabyte B450M Gaming
16GB Corsair LPX 3000Mhz.
1tb WD Blue storage drive
240GB WD Green M.2

Soldato
I wouldn't trust that PSU, it's pretty low quality.

The amount of power it supplies should be good enough to run a RX590, and they respond well to undervolting, but I wouldn't want it in anything I'd built.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom