RX8 Running Costs

Soldato
Recommend something that looks as nice, has as good of a spec list and interior, is as modern and low mileage and is pretty quick for the same price and i'll consider it.
How about a BMW 330i

or something a little different that not every tom,dick & harry owns like a Nissan 350z

Last edited:
Capodecina
Permabanned
OP
Off the top of my head a 330i for that price will be much older and done 3 or 4 times the mileage. The older ones aren't that attractive either :(

Decent 350z's can't really be had for that price in my opinion. They are the older, uglier shape. I wouldn't go near a 350z with less than £9k I would say.

Last edited:
Soldato
Decent 350z's can't really be had for that price in my opinion. They are the older, uglier shape. I wouldn't go near a 350z with less than £9k I would say.

There has only been one shape but I wouldn't got near a 350Z either, if I was spending less than £12k.

Associate
Thanks that's a good review.

The only reason for edging towards the 192 is the insurance. I did some quick quotes and there's £400 difference.

Fair enough when you're paying £7000ish for a car, an extra £400 for a year isn't really that bad, but still.

Looks like i'll need to do a fair bit of reading about the flooding and taking care of one though.

I drove it short distances absolutely loads of times in my 3 months and I never had a single flood/problematic start. This was an 05 model.

Associate
I bought a nemisis (192 special edition) about a month ago. Car had 12000 miles and one lady owner. Was immaculate and got it for 10,350 from 12000. Oil use is not as much as people think as long as you are not horsing it all the time. I tend to top it up every couple of fill ups. Fuel economy is not far off 18-22 mpg if like me you do 65 miles a day and get stuck in stop start traffic every night. If you decide to have some fun, you will see the fuel level drop before your eyes. Even at low revs and sticking to 50-60 mph, the car uses a lot of fuel.
Performance? The 192 is not bad at all and at 3500 rpm in third, it will feel very eager and poised. Grip is excellent in the dry, and the car feels solid going round bends. Power is mostly delivered around 4000 -7500 rpm. It really comes alive here but with congestion being what it is, you may not have much opportunity to get the best out of it. If I'm honest, I would much prefer the car had more power down low but it doesnt. Would i recommend getting one? Defo if you can afford it.

Associate
I don't think you will find a better deal (price, age, mileage) than an RX8 to be honest and it also seems you have your heart set on it anyway. Just beware that the running costs are high and that is why they are cheaper to buy compared to it's rivals. If you factor in running costs into your budget then you could probably afford something more expensive anyway.

Back
Top Bottom