Ryujin AIO

Associate
Hi All

Has anywhere got any experience with the Asus Ryujin AIO?

I purchased mine, it’s still unboxed, due to the initial poor reviews and I need to either return it or install it? OcUK have been amazing, they’ve contacted Asus about the reviews etc, but the amswer is the issues are software related! Has anyone who owns one seen any improvements since launch?

The main issues seem to be inaccurate temperature sensing, slow fan ramp, and really noisy 4800 rpm fan in pump header.

If they did a 360mm Ryuo I’d have that in a heartbeat!

Any responses gratefully received!

ilc72

Associate
Never even heard of dis till now,had to google it,an ROG branded aio... lmao

Its just a bog standard Asetek CLC,its no different from any other AIO when it comes to 'quality' or reliability or whatever

The issues are software related,and its the software and fans(these are good tho tbf) you are paying the massive premium for

Just return it,its a massive waste of cash,get any other AIO for around half the price for near identical quality/performance.

Associate
OP
Never even heard of dis till now,had to google it,an ROG branded aio... lmao

Its just a bog standard Asetek CLC,its no different from any other AIO when it comes to 'quality' or reliability or whatever

The issues are software related,and its the software and fans(these are good tho tbf) you are paying the massive premium for

Just return it,its a massive waste of cash,get any other AIO for around half the price for near identical quality/performance.

You are right as Asetek have the patents so any pump head based AIO is a licensed Asetek, the only difference is which version it is, since Generation 6 pumps have a different impeller design.

I bought it to do complete Asus theme build along with the ridiculously overpriced Asus Thor PSU, Motherboard, and GPU.

In my existing rig I have a Corsair setup with a Corsair H100i V2 Extreme with the ML120 Pro fans replaced with LL120 fans to match the other case fans!

I am considering what to do, give OcUK their due they’ve given me the option to return it outside of the usual return period due to the mixed reviews.

I might just get a Corsair H150i Pro instead!

I have found that mixing ecosystems can cause software issues. Try running all the Asus software, Corsair iCue, Ryzen Master, and HWinfo64 on the same system.

The Asus software ecosystem reminds me of the bad old days of Corsair, and NZXT. At least Corsair have really sorted out their software and the latest versions of iCue are great.

To run the Ryujin and Ryuo you actually need a three separate pieces of software, AIsuite, AuraSync, and another for the OLED display.

Associate
Im running the Ryuo on my system currently ( the 240mm one )

Yes its over priced ( the oled screen is awesome though )
Yes you have to run three versions of software ( and the right versions were a pain to find )

After all that, really pleased, keeps my 9900k @5ghz cool and its quiet too.

Would buy again...

NB this is the only AIO ive ever owned! and yes you need to ad 10c to the temps it displays but thats overcome easily.

Associate
OP
Im running the Ryuo on my system currently ( the 240mm one )

Yes its over priced ( the oled screen is awesome though )
Yes you have to run three versions of software ( and the right versions were a pain to find )

After all that, really pleased, keeps my 9900k @5ghz cool and its quiet too.

Would buy again...

NB this is the only AIO ive ever owned! and yes you need to ad 10c to the temps it displays but thats overcome easily.

Just out of interest do you run an Asus motherboard?

Associate
OP
i do indeed, maximums hero

I am waiting for CES as I need a new motherboard and CPU, I promised my son a gaming PC for his Birthday, it’s on Tuesday but my procrastination hasn’t helped. I can’t decide between the Maximus XI Gene with a 9900K(F) model as rumour has it Intel is about to launch new F series CPUs with the iGPU disabled, or missing!

Associate
sounds like a good combo to be honest. Im running the 9900k but would have considered the F if it has been around...

saying that you can wait for ever on these things.

Associate
OP
sounds like a good combo to be honest. Im running the 9900k but would have considered the F if it has been around...

saying that you can wait for ever on these things.

I think this is pretty much announced at this point as multiple retailers in different countries have started listing them, and those listings haven’t come down either. I don’t expect them to be any cheaper, but with the iGPU disabled there may be a little more thermal headroom.

By the way did you replace the pre-applied thermal paste? If so, what did you use?

Associate
sorry my notifications missed your reply.

no i did nothing to it at all, the want to get it all built over came logic...

stable @5.2 today showing 58c > thats 68c in real terms :)

Associate
OP
sorry my notifications missed your reply.

no i did nothing to it at all, the want to get it all built over came logic...

stable @5.2 today showing 58c > thats 68c in real terms :)

Very nice, can’t decide between Maximus XI Gene and 9900K or future Crosshair VIII and Zen 3XXX.

Associate
Really? Are you saying the Gen 6 impeller is different in the EU? Have you done a tear down or have evidence since I think that would be very interesting, only a couple of AIO manufacturers currently have Gen 6 pumps.

I'm saying that Asetek don't hold a patent in the EU like they do in the US. A design isn't the same as a Patent. I could make an AIO with the pump housed on the the CPU block and sell it in the EU but not the US. I couldn't just copy the Asetek pump as that would be IP infringement.

Back
Top Bottom