Ryzen 3000 Infinity Fabric Overclocking, and Voltages

Associate
Hello people, I didn't see a different threat for this specifically so I thought I'd create one. It will also help gather a lot of information about this since it does seem to be the best way to get performance out of these chips.

I currently have my PC running have 16GB of B Die at 3733Mhz 16 16 16 32, and IF on 1:1. The SOC Voltage its set to 1.15v and VDDG at 1.11v since I read they have to be at 40mv away ideally. The PC works perfectly fine, passed Mem Test in a 1hr 30min run, and everything runs smooth. Destiny 2 freezes every now and then but I suspect it has to do with the "workaround patch".

Associate
OP
Ive seen both videos, you have to push IF to 1900Mhz to get the best performance, but it looks like he hasn't tested voltages yet. In one of the previous comments he mentioned 1.17 SOC and 1.15 VDDG but has not tested it they are stable or "safe" for every day use. Matter of fact all the stabilities show "eh" lol I think he even mentions he was able to boot and that's it, didn't test anything else besides Aida

Associate
OP
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread but I don't think any amount of voltage will get me beyond 1800MHz FCLK.

But I'm happy enough as it is. Pushing for more whether that's more raw speed or faster timings I doubt will win me much in terms of FPS in gaming titles.

An FCLK of 1800MHz and a ram frequency of 3600MHz CL16 is plenty.
Well I had some weird results yesterday to be honest. I tried:

3733Mhz with FCLK 1866Mhz, C20 benchmarks went UP, Aida64 was giving me 64.3ns latency, and ran 2hrs Mem Test without any issues.
3800Mhz with FLCK 1900Mhz, C20 benchmark went DOWN, Aida64 clocked 63.5 latency, perfectly stable in Mem Test for 1hr but closed it and reverted to 3733Mhz since the C20 results were annoying me.

Associate
OP
I suspect you will eventually revert to a slower FCLK for stability. Your games shouldn't freeze. You need to try other titles other than Destiny to see what happens over time. But like I say freezing (I know from experience) is instability.
Yeah I am sure that the problem was the RAM voltage though, because it was "low" compared to how I have it now.

It is confusing because all my scores at 1900FCLK go up during Aida64 RAM benchmark, but go down in C20. I think I need to find a new reliable benchmark to compare.

Associate
OP
Not sure if this applies to all boards, but my MSI gives me a warning stating the pci-e 4 will be disabled if soc voltage is set above 1.100v, you still want the link between your CPU and chipset to be PCI-e 4 to get the most bandwidth, even if your using PCI-e 3 devices.

Easiest way to see if you've been limited is run a hard drive benchmark, then go to the bios and set your soc to 1.1v max and the chipset link to pci-e 4 and run the benchmark again, if the results are the same your fine, otherwise you have limited your link between the CPU and chipset to pci-e 3 creating a bottleneck.
Honestly I have not seen that warning before. Matter of fact on early BIOS my X570 Taichi had SOC at 1.19 on Auto

Associate
OP
I know the Asus boards were known for stupidly overvolting things like soc and ram out of the box, maybe asrock suffered the same problem, mine ran at 0.950v out of the box.

My ram is rated 3600mhz cl18 1.35v, I can run all 4 sticks at 3800mhz, cl18 1.4v with soc at 1.100v, and IF at 1900mhz all day long, memtested overnight, however, as I said in another thread, all that extra voltage causes extra heat, and for basically no noticeable performance increase, I think my cinebench score went up like 10 points, so I dialed it back down to 3600mhz cl18, IF to 1800mhz, even tightening the timings wasn't worth it, it wouldn't post at cl16, best I could do was cl17, and like I said, it really wasn't worth it.

I'll see if I can catch a picture of the warning tomorrow when I get home.
On the latest BIOS version it did go down to like 1.000v but I now increased it to 1.125 and let it there. Left mine at 3733Mhz C14 for now with 1866Mhz FCLK for now.

Associate
OP
Which board? You should be able to get it going pretty easily at the very least 1.4v and auto timings then adjust down and it will most likely work fine at 3600, CL16 or lower. If you are using all the settings from DRAM calculator some don’t seem compatible so start on loose timings auto first and work down to optimum.

1.4v would be the spec on these.
You can do 3600Mhz c16 at 1.35v since its B Die, unless he got a very bad binned IC which should not be the case because his kit is rated 4000Mhz

Associate
OP
Is there any way when I mess up settings to not have to sit through 10 minutes of boot looping before it defaults the bios, it's infuriating
Can't it just go like a normal motherboard and go... Nope it's not booting, switching bios, or resetting bios, why do these x570s just sit there not knowing what to do it's embarrassing for the price they cost
Try pressing and holding the Clear CMOS button in the back for like 3 seconds. It should reboot fairly quickly at stock settings. Looking at your signature you have an Aorus board, many people are reporting slow boot up times with Aorus boards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom