• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3600 with my new RTX 3070

Soldato
Which 3070 model as well? My FE model only uses a single 8 pin connector but some models will use 2 of them.

While gaming, what sort of clock speeds on the GPU are you seeing?

Did you also have something like MSI Afterburner before? Maybe it's trying to apply whatever profile you had on the 1070 to the 3070?

Don

EVGA 600 BR, 80+ BRONZE 600W​

It's not a great PSU (rated in the bottom of the Tier C part of this list: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40/), but I doubt it's the actual issue.

The fact that neither CPU or GPU are maxxed out, suggest something else is causing an issue, and the average FPS of 59 suggests that perhaps VSync may still be turned on (either in the game, in the NVIDIA drivers), or possibly you have an FPS limit set somewhere (e.g. in Afterburner or in the NVIDIA drivers)

Soldato
Games I play are BF5/BF1/Hell let loose/Squad. Cpu utilisation is about 50/60% but my gpu is also low utilisation sometimes as low as 30%

Thanks.

You say your CPU utilistion is at 50/60% but what are it's 6 cores doing? If for example just one of the cores are at 100% while the other 5 cores are at 40%, that is still a CPU bottleneck even though the overall CPU utilistion is 50%

Associate
OP
vsync turned off in game and in nvidia control panel if i look up at the sky in game it goes to over 200fps so vsync is defo off. i'll download msi afterburner and check my cpu core usage

this is fresh install of windows not got any software on here to cause problems

thanks for your help guys i appreciate it

Associate
OP
cpu runs at over 4ghz but my gpu runs sometimes at 1920 but most the time it runs at 1300mhz, I've just enabled power osd in msi and it says my gpu is using 68w?

it does go up to around 195w on times

Last edited:
Soldato
If you can get a 3DMark Time Spy run done (available via Steam), my GPU score was around 13,100 odd on stock, and assuming your Inno3D is preoverclocked (you never mentioned which GPU model it is), my undervolted/overclocked graphics score is 13,600.

Soldato
This isn’t really a fix to your issue BUT is perhaps relevant… in one of your games anyway!

With BF5 I had issues with low GPU utilisation which was causing stuttering.

I enabled Future Frame Rendering and my FPS Increased and GPU Usage is at 99% the entire time practically and all stuttering has stopped.

Hope you get the issue sorted.

Back
Top Bottom