Ryzen 5 3600 86c

Associate
Hi

My processor just hit 86c playing BFV for a few hours, using stock fan.. was told the stock fan is good enough to OC this CPU to 4.2 but apparently not, not in my room at least..

Can anyone recommend me a CPU fan please that would be better or am I just being an idiot and should underclock it back abit?

Many thanks

Associate
OP
I think I disabled pbo, that's the auto dynamic overclocking feature isn't it?
Im no experienced overclocker, I just followed a YouTube guide. Forced the cpu to 4200 and disabled pbo

I'll be sure to grab a new cooler I'm just trying to decide what my budget is, someone suggested the noctua but that's £50+

Associate
OP
Ya if you switched off PBO you need to manage the Vcore rather than let CPU manage the Vcore.

your 4.2GHz is effectively an all core overclock. So I suspect the CPU is asking for a lot of juice.

Hey
Right I've tried doing this, reverted bios all back to optimised defaults.
All I've changed is the xmp profile which I think just puts my mem to 3200, doesn't look like it's touches my cpu.
Ive used the Ez tuning option to oc the cpu to 3800
Pbo and everything is all default, tried a game its stuck at 3800
Googled it and found solution to change pbo from auto to enabled, tested again and it's still fixed at 3800, so not boosting?

Associate
OP
Everyone else, since running at 3800 temps hitting around 62.
What other info do you need? Happy to provide as I assume a lot are curious to my setup hitting such high temps, also that night the room I was in was 27c
As for volts I didn't touch them, I just changed the core from 36 to 42, so God knows what the volt was set too

Associate
OP
Hi all

I have just bought the 212 Evo Black cooler, just realised I have no spare thermal paste but just learned this cooler comes with coolermaster mastergel pro.

Question is, Is Arctic Silver 5 still king? Should I buy that, or is this Mastergel Pro stuff just as good? Obviously Id rather save myself the £6 if I can but if I should, I will buy it

Back
Top Bottom