• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 5 7600 - 6 core & 12 threads so what's the 12 "cores" shown in MSI Afterburner?

Soldato
So in MSI Afterburner it shows the stats (load, temp etc) for core 1-12. What's that actually showing when the processor has 6 cores and 12 threads?

Is it that in actuality those 12 threads are simply running on the 6 cores, so from a performance POV, we have:-
Core1 : Thread 1-2
Core2 : Thread 3-4
Core3 : Thread 5-6
Core4 : Thread 7-8
Core5 : Thread 9-10
Core6 : Thread 11-12

...and the 12 CPU stats shown in MSI Afterbuner are those 12 threads (across those 6 cores)?

EDIT: What's interesting is the although MSI Afterburner shows different work values for the 12 cores it reports on, the temperature values shown for the 12 cores seem to all be identical. On my old Intel chip all the cores reported independent temps.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think AMD chips only have a single temperature reference so it's just a CPU temperature rather than a per core temperature.

MSI Afterburner is reporting the 12 logical cores (6 physical cores capable of running 2 simultaneous threads)

Soldato
OP
I think AMD chips only have a single temperature reference so it's just a CPU temperature rather than a per core temperature.

MSI Afterburner is reporting the 12 logical cores (6 physical cores capable of running 2 simultaneous threads)

So that makes senses, thanks. So the 12 threads are run across the 6 cores sort of as I suggested in the OP?

Back
Top Bottom