• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 7 3700x and gigabyte motherboards?

Associate
So some youtuber made a video about how this seems to have a huge bug. The r5 3600 works fine and the r7 3700x works on all other motherboards but gigabyte seem to cause BSODs. Is this really a thing? A little worried as I've just ordered r7 3700x and b550 gigabyte mobo.

Associate
OP
Its sort of a second level youtuber, he's pretty good. It is from a year ago the video but many of the comments seem to be having the same problem.

Associate
OP
Well I guess I was worried for nothing. Will try get it setup tmoz.

Its sort of daunting your first time sticking an AMD cpu in the motherboard. For some reason it just feels more delicate.

Associate
OP
Hmm. So ill have to update this now. Seems I am getting some BSODs very randomly. Some while loading windows some while browsing the Internet. Things like acpi.sys failed. I've seen 2 others but I cant remember what they said now.

I was going to format and reinstall windows so I'll ry that anyway. Then it will be memtest I suppose...

Associate
OP
Yea im just not having fun with this board im guma have to return it. Everything looks good and it goes well for a day then boom bsod. Fresh windows installed same thing. Proper ****** off with this and gigabyte may take some doing to get back inside my pc...

Associate
OP
I'm running f10 there is one after f10 but updating bios is risky when you are getting random bsods isn't it? I'll have a loom at memtest later today.

EDIT - so decided against more tests. Placed a return order for the motherboard and ordered a rog strix one instead, cost 50 quid more but I think I need it.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The issue is with gigabyte motherboards, not just any brand. There does seem to be a fair few having this issue according to the comments on that video. If I had seen it before ordering this motherboard I wouldn't have ordered it and ordered another brand.

I used the BIOS app from the app centre to update to f10 and it never fixed the issue. I did see it wasn't the latest one the gigabyte page but it was a lot newer than what the guy in the video was using no doubt. Non of them mention this as being fixed or even as an scknowledged problem so I'm just getting out before I get to annoyed by it.

Associate
OP
seems the other BIOS has been removed from gigabyte support downloads so i am on the latest BIOS according to that. ill do the memtest once my usb drive is ready.

Associate
OP
I did the memtest. No errors. What else can I test. It is going back but the tests could reveal something else as much as I dont think it will.

Back
Top Bottom