• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 7 3700x and gigabyte motherboards?

Associate
So some youtuber made a video about how this seems to have a huge bug. The r5 3600 works fine and the r7 3700x works on all other motherboards but gigabyte seem to cause BSODs. Is this really a thing? A little worried as I've just ordered r7 3700x and b550 gigabyte mobo.

Associate
OP
Its sort of a second level youtuber, he's pretty good. It is from a year ago the video but many of the comments seem to be having the same problem.

Associate
OP
Well I guess I was worried for nothing. Will try get it setup tmoz.

Its sort of daunting your first time sticking an AMD cpu in the motherboard. For some reason it just feels more delicate.

Associate
OP
Hmm. So ill have to update this now. Seems I am getting some BSODs very randomly. Some while loading windows some while browsing the Internet. Things like acpi.sys failed. I've seen 2 others but I cant remember what they said now.

I was going to format and reinstall windows so I'll ry that anyway. Then it will be memtest I suppose...

Soldato
That's the video. I will look through and see if he fixed it. But yea my mobo is 550, his was 450 and 570.
On that video, it was mentioned that the CPU was a reviewer sample and not for resale. I guess someone will come along with abit more knowledge; so the question is, were the review CPU samples an actual different stepping to the retail CPUs?

It also goes to mention that Gigabyte motherboards were not sent out to reviewers along with these CPUs. Maybe that's were the incompatabilties are, due to the fact that Gigabyte wouldn't have had a specific BIOS for them for the retail market?

Associate
OP
Yea im just not having fun with this board im guma have to return it. Everything looks good and it goes well for a day then boom bsod. Fresh windows installed same thing. Proper ****** off with this and gigabyte may take some doing to get back inside my pc...

Soldato
Yea im just not having fun with this board im guma have to return it. Everything looks good and it goes well for a day then boom bsod. Fresh windows installed same thing. Proper ****** off with this and gigabyte may take some doing to get back inside my pc...
Are you running the latest BIOS? Which model is it?

If you're already running the latest BIOS, how about running Memtest86, see if you have any errors, might be the memory?

Associate
OP
I'm running f10 there is one after f10 but updating bios is risky when you are getting random bsods isn't it? I'll have a loom at memtest later today.

EDIT - so decided against more tests. Placed a return order for the motherboard and ordered a rog strix one instead, cost 50 quid more but I think I need it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm running f10 there is one after f10 but updating bios is risky when you are getting random bsods isn't it? I'll have a loom at memtest later today.

EDIT - so decided against more tests. Placed a return order for the motherboard and ordered a rog strix one instead, cost 50 quid more but I think I need it.

Not really risky. If you've overclocked it and made the system unstable there's always a risk. If you're running at stock then the validation put in (and the fact that you have a backup BIOS) then you should be fine - copy the file to a FAT formatted memory stick and upgrade.

Also have a 3700x / x570 combo and not had an issue. Running the latest F30 BIOS.

M.

Back
Top Bottom