• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen Architect Jim Keller Joins Intel

Caporegime
I think you guys have your heads buried far too deep in the meaningless word of home PC's.

AMD crushes, and i mean crushes anything Intel have in every metric in the server space and that's down to their innovative design and architecture.

Intel play games best, for now.... utterly irrelevant to anything outside of this forum.

Soldato
I think you guys have your heads buried far too deep in the meaningless word of home PC's.

AMD crushes, and i mean crushes anything Intel have in every metric in the server space and that's down to their innovative design and architecture.

Intel play games best, for now.... utterly irrelevant to anything outside of this forum.

That's the one. Bring on the rebellion. :)

But can you answer above questions please pal

Permabanned

No, it's TSMC' N7 process node that crushes everything Intel 14nm.
Don't confuse the things.

As much as I e seen him troll. Nothing from AMD is impressive. Ryzen now compete with intel, yes. But as everyone says. It's old tech or refresh tech. So if you put things into perspective, there's nothing impressive in the CPU world at all.

In the x86-64 - nothing - read this thread - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/arm-based-computing.18895011/

Permabanned
It isn't, the IPC on Zen 2 is higher and Intel can't keep up with AMD's 2.5D chiplet design. None of that is anything to do with TSMC.

Is it possible to make the chiplets with GlobalFoundries' 12nm and if so, how large would have they been and what would have the power consumption related to PCIe 4.0 been?

Back
Top Bottom