• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen or Skylake - Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Ryzen,
if not for performance/$, or 300$ cpus sold a thousand $ by intel, or the lack of any kind of innovation from intel...
it would be to support a healthy competitive market.

Soldato
According to the early numbers, I still think the 7700K has an edge, given that most of the time the performance bottleneck of a game/program is single-thread.

Soldato
According to the early numbers, I still think the 7700K has an edge, given that most of the time the performance bottleneck of a game/program is single-thread.
It does look like the main benefits of Ryzen really are going to be in multi core applications, core for core the signs don't look as good for gaming as some people are making them out to be imo. Still lots more info to come though, so quite early to make a judgement still

Caporegime
I'd wait to see Broadwell-E price cuts before deciding as they are going to need to come down a lot.

You'll probably be able to get a 6 core for the price of 7700K and although 7700K will have more IPC it's kind of short sighted to choose slightly more IPC over 50% more cores.

Last edited:
Caporegime
pretty stupid poll tbh. unknown against known platform.many will go with hype when looking at it intel platform is still faster.

Associate
My 2500K-based portable gaming rig is in need of an update soon and I'll definitely be going AMD this time if the recent leaked benchmarks are correct. 1700X looks like the sweet-spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom