S.T.A.L.K.E.R. The experience

Permabanned
Although not technically a game this stand-alone mod deserves the recognition of one. I am posting to announce it's availability so anyone who has played and enjoyed the Stalker games can now play what is in my humble opinion the ultimate example.

The game can be installed into your Call of Pripyat folder or into it's own folder. However to support GSC you will need a legal copy of COP installed in order to play the mod whether it is in standalone form or not.

The game does not have a storyline and is basically on the Freeplay segment you find at the end of COP. It consists of all the maps from Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat as well as several maps you find in old build releases that where never used in the final games and there's one map the CoC dev's built from scratch. I think it's 32 levels in total.

It is fully populated with missions and quests available everywhere. It is full of unique changes that have only recently been made possible by the release of the source code, This has also allowed the game engine to be updated with several improvements.

Highly talented modders/developers have put thousands of hours into this and they did it out of there love for the franchise and the game, Not for money.

So if you own Stalker Call of Pripyat and you enjoyed any of the Stalker games you owe it too yourself to try this free build. See what can be done without a seven figure budget and that way you'll feel justified next time you want to moan about a poor AAA release.

And No, I am not a part of the team, I am not a developer or modder who worked on it. Credit where credit is due.

In-game Screenshots,
http://www.moddb.com/members/davidme/images/call-of-chernobyl1

http://www.moddb.com/members/davidme/images/call-of-chernobyl#imagebox

Where to get it:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl

Release trailer:
www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/videos/release-trailer

A look at some gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-o6uz0ufJU&ab_channel=TheWolfstalker2

Soldato
No offence but it did sound like you're pushing this out. Especially going via the summary on moddb. With the same name here, and also there. But ill check it out..

Associate
Thanks for the heads up, I'll give this a go.

I'm glad it's stand-alone, I've been in free play mode with Misery for so long that I'd be loathe to have to uninstall it.

Soldato
Only popping in to say I'll be in The Zone in a couple of weeks :)

From October 2014 :)
15690962282_d77608ddf6_c.jpg

Caporegime
Thanks very much for the heads up, David. Another one to definitely add to the ´must play´ list. :) :cool:

I´ve been looking forward to this one for a while.

Permabanned
OP
No offence but it did sound like you're pushing this out. Especially going via the summary on moddb. With the same name here, and also there. But ill check it out..

No offence taken, I'm not sure I get what you mean though,

Yes I am pushing it.

But that's because I think that if you like the games you'll like what they've done.

What summary are you on about?

I posted links to two screenshots of the game that I put on my moddb page,

And the other links are to the mod itself and videos. I was not involved in developing it and nothing I have done was used in it.

Permabanned
OP
Thanks very much for the heads up, David. Another one to definitely add to the ´must play´ list. :) :cool:

Ive been looking forward to this one for a while.

No problem,

I was lucky enough to get given access to it as they developed it so I've been playing it for a while and they have done an amazing job.

Permabanned
OP
How does it compare to other good mods such as Lost Alpha?

After the long wait for LA I was very disappointed in what they released and eventually gave up on it due too there being so many bugs.

This is an extremely stable experience, IMO it is the better project.

Many will disagree due to this being a freeplay build and not having a specific storyline to follow but if you can get past that this has been built better.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll give this a go.

I'm glad it's stand-alone, I've been in free play mode with Misery for so long that I'd be loathe to have to uninstall it.

That's one of the advantages, plus this will eventually get it's own series of mods to install on it. I imagine it will get a Misery style mod made for it at some point. And if you like freeplay you'll love this.

Only popping in to say I'll be in The Zone in a couple of weeks :)

From October 2014 :)
15690962282_d77608ddf6_c.jpg

Now I'm jealous.

Last edited:
Associate
Downloading this right now, thanks for the heads up on this one David haven't had my eye on what's been going on in the community for a while so hadn't heard of this until now.

Permabanned
OP
@ harry5522,

It's not like it sounds, There is no main storyline to follow but the zone is a living breathing world full of various communities where you will find plenty of opportunities to keep busy. Freeplay was one of the best things they added to COP which was the third and last game in the series but in COP it had nothing new going on, It was more about mopping up and completing anything you hadn't finished. Here you get a wide choice of missions from basic supply runs to hunt and kill op's as well as recognizable missions that send you into hostile territory to disable devices and remove barriers to open more area's.

It also allows you to choose your faction at the start of the game so if you want to be a Stalker great, But if you want to be a Bandit or a Monolithian or a Merc you can dbe, Each faction has there own safe area's with tech's, traders and missions as well as different enemies and friends.

Downloading this right now, thanks for the heads up on this one David haven't had my eye on what's been going on in the community for a while so hadn't heard of this until now.

Have fun.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Here's a recent video review done for the standalone S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Chernobyl mod which is still being updated every so often and recently won the Mod of the Year award on the Mod db website.
While it is essentially a 32 map freeplay sandbox game it now has a story mode giving your journey purpose, and of course the most important thing is that it is free for those that want it.

Review:

Moddb website page with download links http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl

Back
Top Bottom