S2000 owners thread. 9,000 RPM of goodness in here.

Don
Hmm, not sure.
I had to make up some plugs for the outer holes that held the original plate holder. Also discovered two small holes where someone had drilled through the original plate holder and went too far in to the bumper. Plugged those too.
The main issue is the paint is much less weathered under where the holder was. I gave it a machine polish but there's no way it's going to become the exact same colour as the rest of the front without spraying.

MoEEGfV.jpeg

Don
Lip and spoiler look OE to me.

Hard top is a tough one. I had one with my last S2000 and it sat in the garage for 5 years until I sold the car, at which point it was put on so that the new owner could take it away.

Man of Honour
The hardtop is nice for winter or if you are tracking the car and don't want the roof down. But, it's massive and you have to store it somewhere. If it's a summer/weekend car I personally wouldn't bother.

Soldato
I thought your current one was Moon rock, my mistake.

It does look good. I've enquired for now!

The hard top hmm, I'll be almost daily driving it and then potentially garaging over winter if need be as I can have access to a small van at work.

I don't have one with the MX5, but there were times I wish I had the option

Storage space for it isn't a big deal, can store it in my garage or even at work. My dad's triumph tr4 hood still sits upstairs unused it could join it.

Soldato
My aim this year is to sort a few bits on mine. Needs the headlights cleaning up, I've some clearcoat bubbling/peeling on the right wing and right side of the bumper and a little section of rust bubbling up over the rear left arch. Pretty handy so I'll be trying them myself one at a time.

The hardtop is nice for winter or if you are tracking the car and don't want the roof down. But, it's massive and you have to store it somewhere. If it's a summer/weekend car I personally wouldn't bother.
Mine has been sitting on its stand in a locked shed on the farm for 6 years.

That one is the same colours as my last S2000. Moonrock with black and red interior. The best colours IMO.
My friend, you misspelt Monte Carlo Blue.

Soldato
Hmm, not sure.
I had to make up some plugs for the outer holes that held the original plate holder. Also discovered two small holes where someone had drilled through the original plate holder and went too far in to the bumper. Plugged those too.
The main issue is the paint is much less weathered under where the holder was. I gave it a machine polish but there's no way it's going to become the exact same colour as the rest of the front without spraying.

MoEEGfV.jpeg

yeah that does stand out doesn't it..

my oem bumper was fine no fade in colours etc but I had to plug the holes too.. I had 6 extra on top of the oem ones. One of the reasons I went for a whole new US spec bumper is that - no holes predriled and no washer jet holes either.

I am toying with the idea of getting my oem bumper resprayed, holes filled in and I'll buy a JDP carbon lip from USA as I quite like the look of it. https://www.jdpengineering.com/product-page/jdp-s2000-ap2-front-spoiler it's not cheap at £500 shipped without import but..

Don
I'm toying with the idea of putting the stock plate mount back but spraying it body colour. I can't find any examples of anyone else having done this though.

Caporegime
yeah that does stand out doesn't it..

my oem bumper was fine no fade in colours etc but I had to plug the holes too.. I had 6 extra on top of the oem ones. One of the reasons I went for a whole new US spec bumper is that - no holes predriled and no washer jet holes either.

I am toying with the idea of getting my oem bumper resprayed, holes filled in and I'll buy a JDP carbon lip from USA as I quite like the look of it. https://www.jdpengineering.com/product-page/jdp-s2000-ap2-front-spoiler it's not cheap at £500 shipped without import but..
£220 for shipping is a lot! Almost as much as the item!

Last edited:
Don
Do any of you recommend any exhaust system or mostly running stock?
I'm running modified stock. Sounds good. No drone.
The stock pipe is looking a little worse for wear though in the centre section so will probably consider a pipe at some point. The Milltek is the one I'm going to go for. Lots of guys on s2ki have them and love them.

Soldato
I'm running modified stock. Sounds good. No drone.
The stock pipe is looking a little worse for wear though in the centre section so will probably consider a pipe at some point. The Milltek is the one I'm going to go for. Lots of guys on s2ki have them and love them.
too quiet for my liking but does sound better than stock and the tips look great in the rear bumper.

Soldato
Thanks guys, I'll have a look into them ^

Get the car first aye.

In talks to go see the last one I posted, just 3 hrs away so need to find a chance!

Id like something subtle but still fun when I want to go for it a bit. Don't want something obnoxious that will upset the neighbours/misses ;)

Soldato
Thanks guys, I'll have a look into them ^

Get the car first aye.

In talks to go see the last one I posted, just 3 hrs away so need to find a chance!

Id like something subtle but still fun when I want to go for it a bit. Don't want something obnoxious that will upset the neighbours/misses ;)
get on with it, you've been talking about it for a year :D

Back
Top Bottom