S2000 owners thread. 9,000 RPM of goodness in here.

Soldato
woooo! grats. Which one was it now? I can't keep up.

I know :(

2005, moon grey with the red seats/carpet. 49,000miles. It has the little spoiler lip and front bumper lip too!

Will get a picture shortly, needs a wash!

We got his asking price down by £1k. Servicing wasn't as strong as I had hoped due to a period in storage

He aimed to get it serviced but Im getting it done myself so used that to bargain down a bit

Lovely bloke, he's had 4!

Last edited:
Soldato
Quick ones before leaving work
:)

PXL-20240612-160125445-2.jpg

PXL-20240612-160047783-2.jpg

Don
Lovely. Looks exactly like my last one with the lip and spoiler, but with the wheels I have on my current one. Roof looks to be in very good condition.
When was the last geo?

Soldato
Lovely. Looks exactly like my last one with the lip and spoiler, but with the wheels I have on my current one. Roof looks to be in very good condition.
When was the last geo?

Hmmm not sure I neglected to ask! I'll dig through the papers later for evidence of if and when it had last been done!

Expensive?

Gave it a quick was tonight :) got very dusty on the 3 hour drive home.

I did notice the paint kind of feels a little dusty to the touch, hard to explain like rough but in the most minor sense.

Could this mean it needs a good claying/polish?

Soldato
Hmmm not sure I neglected to ask! I'll dig through the papers later for evidence of if and when it had last been done!

Expensive?

Gave it a quick was tonight :) got very dusty on the 3 hour drive home.

I did notice the paint kind of feels a little dusty to the touch, hard to explain like rough but in the most minor sense.

Could this mean it needs a good claying/polish?
Yea it’ll be contaminated. If you clay, you’ll need correction. So keep that in mind.

Otherwise just go heavy on deconn, iron etc remover.

Geo can either be cheap or expensive. If it’s seized bolts etc then you’re looking at £1500 or so. Otherwise £120 ish.

Mine was regressed years ago and not seized still so depending on who and when did yours.

Soldato
Ha.

Will look into it. Why does one look to get a "Geo" done in the first place? What are signs that it needs doing or isn't right so to speak?
There may no signs if it’s seized in the right spot but usually geo goes after a while by default. Potholes etc knock the alignment out a bit and you may not get the best out of the car handling wise for example. In my case I also wanted a track setup so more camber etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
There may no signs if it’s seized in the right spot but usually geo goes after a while by default. Potholes etc knock the alignment out a bit and you may not get the best. In my care I also wanted a track setup so more camber etc.
The road to our office is shot to bits and I feel every bump.. so will look into this

Going to get it up on the ramp soon to have a gander underneath

Soldato
While you're underneath, remove the clutch delay valve. 10 minute job and massively improves the clutch feel.
Shall look into it!

Scanned some of the history. 10,000 miles ago during a tyre change, the geo was adjusted.

But this was a fair few years back.

No other paper work to suggest if it's been done again since, that I can see

Don
I think you've managed to bag the perfect S2000 TBH. The best colour and the best model year.
The 2005s have all the good stuff such as the stronger diff, nicer styling, better interior, but don't have the pain in the ass things the later ones had such as electronic throttle and traction control. The 2005s also still have the brass shifter bushing rather than the plastic on the later ones which dulled the gearbox feel a little.
Enjoy it, drive the knackers off it, look after it, and it will treat you well. When you come to move it on you won't lose any money and so it's essentially free motoring.

Back
Top Bottom