Safari automatically kill cookies?

Soldato
In Chrome and Firefox I can set it so as soon as I close the browser it erases all the cookies.

Unfortunately all my passwords are tied into the Apple ecosystem and therefore Safari. Apple don't give you any option to automatically remove all cookies when you close the browser. So you can either disable them (which stops most pages working) or you have to remove them manually which is a pain.

Question: Does anyone know of a way or how I could write some code or something to automatically kill all the cookies when I close the browser?

I don't want Instagram/Facebook etc tracking me and already have Firefox fitted out with Canvasblocker and Facebook Container but want to keep Safari as my default browser to login to stuff etc.

Commissario
Personally I don't have a problem with cookies and don't look on them as being anything nasty but that's by the by.

Why not set Safari so that all tabs are opened in Private browsing mode? That way, whenever you close the tab, everything is deleted.

Preferences / General and look at the "Safari opens with:" dropdown.

Soldato
OP
Personally I don't have a problem with cookies and don't look on them as being anything nasty but that's by the by.

Why not set Safari so that all tabs are opened in Private browsing mode? That way, whenever you close the tab, everything is deleted.

Preferences / General and look at the "Safari opens with:" dropdown.

That's ideal - thanks for the suggestion.

I get some people aren't fussed with cookies but I'm quite a big user of instagram and grew tired of browsing around on the web and then seeing targeted ads. Since removing cookies they haven't been able to see what I'm looking at and serve up the same ads from previous browsing data. I don't think anyone is immune to the constant chipping away when there's something you desire and they ram ads for that item down your throat.

Back
Top Bottom