sage on mac - centralised data?

Soldato
Hi guys, this is a Mac question and im useless with macs

basically client wants 2 macs in 2 separate locations to access Sage accounts data. now i know i could use a cloud service for windows but not sure on the macs.

any ideas? can 2 different users access a cloud service to store the data somehow?

Soldato
This was a couple of years ago but i worked with a company who used Sage via Parallels on Mac. Sage was the only windows software they used and the Parallels windows VM was in coherence mode so it didn't look like anything was windows was running, just OSX.

As for the cloud environment, I was always told that it "wasn't recommended" to run a sage database via a cloud service (or even using a vpn to the local site) as it can cause corruption if 2 computers are trying to access the same database. It was always fine to store Sage backups in cloud storage, but not the live database. Then again that could have changed since i last used it.

Sage do now offer a Cloud service but even then i think it's for backups rather than live data.

My other idea would be to have a terminal services server they could both RDP into to access the sage software which is linked to the database locally.

Soldato
That would work as long as both users don't need to access the data at the same time as you can only use 1 teamviewer session at a time if there is only 1 windows PC. But yeah, Teamviewer certainly works on Mac.

The only thing i'd be careful with is the free version of Teamviewer is for noncommercial use, so they may clock on if you are looking to use it unpaid.

Back
Top Bottom