Sainsburys Loans - Need to ask about overpaying to bring down the repayment time

I have just applied for a Tesco 0% credit card for 13 months :)

Credit Limit £2k however it CAN be raised

Brillo Pad :)

Time to shop for some cars, combined with my savings I should have around £4.5-5k

I'd like to ask a question about this. I have several smaller direct debits that have interest to be paid on them e.g. car insurance, car warranty, store credit etc. Could I apply for this card, use it to pay all of my smaller things off and then actually SAVE money by not being charged interest on this Tesco card, as long as it is cleared before 13 months??

I'd like to ask a question about this. I have several smaller direct debits that have interest to be paid on them e.g. car insurance, car warranty, store credit etc. Could I apply for this card, use it to pay all of my smaller things off and then actually SAVE money by not being charged interest on this Tesco card, as long as it is cleared before 13 months??

Im not 100% sure on this unfortunately

I have a question about buying a car with a credit card, as this is a 0% interest card on purchases for 13 months, or balance transfers for 9 months, would this limit me to only being able to purchase from a garage with a card machine? What if I found a car privately?

There must be some loan companies which allow early lump sum payments without penalty charges. Go for those and then you can always come back to Sainsburys if their interest rates are better.

Store credit would count as a balance transfer. Car insurance, if they'll let you pay off as a single payment would likely count as a purchase - although you're likely to be charged a penalty charge for doing it so you'll have to do some maths there.

There are better cards out there for balance transfers, which can save you lots of money. This card is good for NEW spending.

DJMK4 - you don't want to be using a card to get cash out with so, yes you'll want to be buying from a dealer. Any (non-dodgy) dealer will have a card machine!

I have a question about buying a car with a credit card, as this is a 0% interest card on purchases for 13 months, or balance transfers for 9 months, would this limit me to only being able to purchase from a garage with a card machine? What if I found a car privately?
Are you asking whether you can make a purchase on your credit card if someone doesn't have a card processing facility? The answer is no.

Most balance transfers cannot be made to a current account (some could, not sure nowadays) and only from another credit card, so there isn't usually an easy way to convert to cash. You need to make a purchase or transfer an existing debt (and bear in mind with a balance transfer there is usually an additional charge in the region of ~5%).

Last edited:

You asked the same question in Motors, where it has been answered. Why ask it again, did you not like the answers?

[TW]Fox;18203017 said:
You asked the same question in Motors, where it has been answered. Why ask it again, did you not like the answers?

Not sure, I think it might be because of the opinions on the General Discussions about the card itself and Motors about the cars and purchasing, Sorry if I fluffed your tail too hard :(

Last edited:
Just irritating when you waste your time answering somebodies question exactly, only to have them totally ignore the answer and go on to just ask the question again somewhere else 15 minutes later :confused:

[TW]Fox;18203180 said:
Just irritating when you waste your time answering somebodies question exactly, only to have them totally ignore the answer and go on to just ask the question again somewhere else 15 minutes later :confused:

How can I make this up to you :(

Back
Top Bottom