saitek steering wheel

Associate
hi all
im thinking of buying a steering wheel for my computer (from here i think) this is what i had in mind "Saitek R220 Digital Steering Wheel (KB-011-SK)"
third one down (although i wouldnt mind the bottom one if i had enough money :) )
so now i need some racing games, i dont play games on the pc much i normally use the ps2 but i thought i might give pc a try so are there any good games that my system could handle (system spec below)

Associate
I havent seen pedals like that before, hinged at the top, i think i would prefer that to my pedals

Give toca race driver 3 a blast, its not a full blown sim such as the likes of GTR etc but its a lot of fun and realistic enough for me at least ( I would say it handles very similar to that of Gran tourismo on the PS).
It also has large range of cars ranging from small single seater karts to trucks. Some of the races in the single player carreer mode can be fairly frustrating but then you dont want it to be too easy :p

Associate
OP
dm i just found the specs and i think my comp should be able to handle it

System Requirements
6 GB Free Hard Disk Space Required
2x CD/DVD ROM Required
Multi-Player Game
Internet Connection Required
Windows XP
Direct X 9.0c
Pentium 4 or equivalent
1.4 GHz Processor
256 MB RAM
Graphics Card 32 MB
Sound Card (Direct X 9 Compatible)

Associate
Yeah would say your system could cope no problem, the only thing Im not sure about would be the gfx card, I am so out of touch with the current gfx cards I havent clue what a 1300pro is :eek:

As for the wheel working with it, I cant see why it wouldn't, the game doesnt seem to have wheel brand specific settings rather you set in the control menu which button or axis does what function. It works fine with my logitec wheel and my saitek controller.

Just out of curiousity, do you still play racing games on the ps2?

The reason im asking is that the logitec force wheel I am using (the one at the top of that page you linked to) can be used both on the pc and ps2 via usb. It may be worth checking around to see if that wheel you plan to get could be used on both also.

Associate
OP
yeah i still play racing games on ps2 thats all i use it for (except GTA: SA)
i mainly play NFS: most wanted
Toca race driver 2
racing simulator 3
GTR 3 & 4 etc etc

soudns like a good idea to habe it work on both pc and ps2, if the one im planning on getting wont work with both then i might get the one at the top of the page that will (the one you mentioned) (btw is the clamp on the wheel very good and is there any pedals because there is none in the picture.)

i would post a link to my graphics card if i knew where it was i cant find it anywhere ocuk must have stopped selling it
its an ASUS EAX1300PRO (google picture below)
the box
the card

Associate
The model of wheel I have is not identical to that logitec one, mine is actually a logitec formula force GP, have had it a few years now, so I pressume the ex is an updated model but it appears very similar apart from having a d-pad on the wheel and a couple of extra buttons, and yes they both have pedals.
The clamp is very good imo, I havent had it slip once yet.

Perhaps try asking in the general hardware section if anyone can confirm that the EX model does work with both pc and ps2 though incase things have changed.
The force feedback would be worth the extra tenner on its own imo.

Back
Top Bottom