• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAM now enabled for 5000 series

Associate
Had an email about the new optional driver 21.9.1 and nothing said about SAM except for a simple bullet point in the release notes.

Recently upgraded the motherboard and CPU and looking at SAM support there was almost nothing to say that the 5000 series were not supported.....couple days later and this comes along. Mustn't grumble.

I don't have the games to test much so not holding out for much but it's nice to have it.

Associate
I thought my 5950x already had Sam, it's old news

It means that SAM is now enabled on the 5000 series GPU, eg Radeon 5700xt and 5700. The news isn't related to the Ryzen 5000 series. Having different products out eg cpu and gpu with 5000 series numbers at about the same time is confusing at times

Back
Top Bottom