• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Same Par HD4870

Associate
I want to purchase a new GFX card but i want to have something on the same par as the ATI 4870, looking at both ati and nvidia. The only thing is the card has to have a maximum lenght of 20cm (+/- 1cm) otherwise going to hit the harddisks

Caporegime
If you're running a resolution of 1680x1050 or above, and generally desire higher eye candy, then yes, more video memory is worth having. The 2gb in the 7750 I linked to, though, would likely lack the processor power to make the extra memory worth having in most situations. I posted the link due to its price. :)

The Nvidia equivalent of the 7770 would be around a 650 with an overclock. The 650ti would be faster than the 7770 - just to give you an idea.

Do you have a set budget in mind?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom