Same sex Christmas cards?

Caporegime
cmon bruh..

I was in Morrisons the other day looking for a Christmas card for my son....

I spent 10 minutes rifling though a small selection of cards that were for all different relatives... only 2 cards said "son" so I was limited 2 cards.......

they both looked crap and for children but he's not a child....

I continued on with my shopping and a crappy card with a picture of the Grinch on it that looked awful.... then I came across another selection of Christmas cards on the end of an Aisle....

the normal ones that just say "Merry Christmas"

it made me realise what a waste of time the labelled cards are, they just severely limit your options and it's crap..
To be fair, they do have a point though. I even thought this myself when getting a few cards over the last year or so.

all they do is limit you to a few crappy choices.

you might see a lovely card that catches your eye bvut it says "daughter" instead of "wife" and the actual cards that say "wife" look crap

Should have stopped there. Utterly pointless things.
Christmas cards are a waste of money, time and resources. Even those using recycled paper are simply just creating more stuff to be thrown away or recycled. Cut out the middleman and don't bother. Send someone a text instead or better still, talk to them.

Soldato
no strong feelings on cards but some people do like getting cards tho, so not a total waste!

some people value getting a card more than a present!

Soldato
Thanks for rightly presuming that I might chip my 2 cents in Chris, imbéciles précipitent, or fools rush in if you prefer.
I think that the problem stems from the fact that the vast majority of English people are familiar with the word fiance as in the person to whom one is engaged.
Where it possibly falls down is that they’re unaware of the subtle difference between fiancé (masculine), and fiancée, (feminine), perhaps it would be better if in U.K. we all stuck with fiance, no accents, one size fits all.

Or perhaps in English we could say son or daughter and their affianced?

Soldato
All I see is £15 wasted

All I see is $2. Where I live in the USA, Dollar Tree sells cards just like these for 2 for $1 (made by American Greetings, for example, which is a high end card producer), while the shop next door (Walmart) sells very similar cards for $5 or $6 each.

Soldato
Worst 'I' m getting married and people send me Christmas cards' thread ever :p.

Also Imo the left is definitely two women, and I'm pretty sure the right is probably aimed at gay men due to the lack of any distinguishing features or accessories on either penguin, the spelling of fiance, plus the well known 'gay penguin couple' at a zoo.

Back
Top Bottom