** SAMSUNG 4K 240/165HZ ODYSSEY NEO G8/G7 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

OcUK Staff
Hi guys,

I've put up some info regarding the 2 new 4K monitors from Samsung.

The listings aren't fully complete but should have all the info you need to determine if these are for you.

No images anywhere yet of the G75 so just reused the G85 images. The only difference i believe is that the back shell is grey and not white.

This should be dropping in Q2 but its very possible it could slip into Q3!

Check them out below!

Samsung 32" Odyssey LS32BG850NUXXU 3840x2160 VA 240Hz 1ms FreeSync/G-Sync HDR2000 Curved Gaming Moni @ £1,298.99 inc VAT

Samsung-Odyssey-Neo-G8-Gaming-Monitor_750x750.jpg

Display Resolution 3840x2160, Display Size 32", Refresh Rate 240Hz, FreeSync, G-Sync Compatible, 1ms Response Time, Contrast Ratio 1000000:1, Panel Type VA, USB 3.0, Curved, HDMI 2.1, HDR 2000

Only £1,298.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Samsung 32" Odyssey LS32BG750NUXXU 3840x2160 VA 165Hz 1ms Freesync/G-Sync HDR2000 Curved Gaming Moni @ £1,098.95 inc VAT

Samsung-Odyssey-Neo-G8-Gaming-Monitor_750x750.jpg

Display Resolution 3840x2160, Display Size 32", Refresh Rate 165Hz, FreeSync, G-Sync Compatible, 1ms Response Time, Contrast Ratio 1000000:1, Panel Type VA, USB 3.0, Curved, HDMI 2.1, HDR 2000

Only £1,098.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
@NikTheSHNIK If it is possible can you please give a little more information on the warranty of the monitors. The US site says 1 year labour and parts. But wondered if it was different in the UK. And I can’t even see the monitors on the Samsung UK site. Thank you.

Warranty is 2 years.

I was informed Wednesday (13/07/2022) that the ETA to the distributor was 15/07/2022. I emailed all with pre-orders this info.

I can't see that the distributor received them today (15/07/2022), so i expect them to be delayed.

I'll chase up the stock/ETA on Monday 18/07/2022 and email all pre-orders with an update.

OcUK Staff
OP
My Neo G7 manages to be both really good and terrible all at once.

• The black levels are nigh perfect. Large black areas are indistiguishable from the the monitor being off.
  • The brightness is ok. I know it's not the brightest HDR monitor, but it's bright enough that if there's a bright scene immediately followed by a dark scene, it takes a couple of seconds for my eyes to adjust before I can see it properly.
  • Very little haloing. It's not noticable at all most of the time.
  • It's fast.
  • Mine has started developing scan lines. It didn't have them to start with. Later, it only had them when the monitor was set to 165Hz. Now it has them even when it's set to 120Hz. I'll keep it for a while to see if it changes, but I might end up having to send it back because of this.
  • Local dimming causes the brightness of the desktop to change. It's quite annoying to have the screen dim just because I opened a web page with a white background. Turning local dimming off completely is the only way to keep the brightness constant.
  • The curve is non-linear, making objects towards the left/right edges of the screen appear to bend backwards.
  • Nonetheless I prefer it to a flat monitor.
  • Viewing angles are terrible, which is probably why it's curved. Definitely not a monitor to share with a second viewer.
  • High power consumption. My other 32" 4k monitor uses 34W. The Neo G7 uses 71W.
  • Colours are muted. This can't be because the gamut is too small, since it does sometimes display colours that are far more saturated than an SDR monitor. It's changed over time too, becoming worse - maybe related to the scan lines?
  • The AR coating is good. I generally prefer matter monitors than this, but it actually has less of a problem with reflections than other monitors I have. AR coatings are certainly a lot better than they used to be.
Hopefully once TFTcentral have had it for a week they'll share the best settings to make the most of this monitor!

Back
Top Bottom