Samsung 913N driver problem - help please

Associate
I have been running a 1ghz Athlon computer with Windows 98SE and with a S3 Graphics ProSavage DDR graphics board.
Until yesterday, I was using a 20 inch Sony CRT Monitor which would run up to a res of 1600 and HiColourwith this set up.

Then my new Samsung 913N TFT monitor arrived and it worked straight out of the box on the existing drivers. I then installed the drivers from the Samsung disk which seemed to go OK until I installed the Magic Pivot software.

When I restarted the computer, I got a Display message saying that there was a problem with my display settings and suggested that the curent settings do not work with my hardware ( the graphics card or the monitor?)

The Display Properties screen says "Syncmaster 913N on S3 Graphics ProSavage DDR"

When I looked at the Driver File Details it said - C:\windows\system\MAGICPVT.DRV
and on the next line s3vdd8m.VXD
Then c:\windows\system\vmm32.vxd vdd.vxd
then c:\windows\system\vmm32.vxd vflatd.vxd

I tried uninstalling Magic Pivot to no avail and reloaded the Samsung driver but I can't get anywhere.

So, it was all fine until I ran the Samsung installation disk - Anybody else had this problem, and what should I do please ?

Back
Top Bottom