Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Soldato
The vegan case is pretty slippery to be fair. I had the light grey leather case on my S22U and it was much more grippy and looked better. I'm glad I didn't buy this case but for free it's OK I suppose.
Thanks, i didn't get it free so have it on order. I may cancel.

Are there any grippy rubber cases anymore? Best gripoy case Ive ever has was by Patchworks fir my S9+. They only do clear cases now. :(

Last edited:
Associate

Are there any grippy rubber cases anymore? Best gripoy case Ive ever has was by Patchworks fir my S9+. They only do clear cases now. :(
Just try it when it comes and then return if you don't like it. Samsung do a couple of other grippy type cases, one with a movable strap type thingy that can also be used for a stand and they also do another called the shield case.

Soldato

These are :

Caseology Nano Pop for Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra Case, [Two Tone Colour], Military Grade Drop Protection, Side Grip Patterns Phone Cover for Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra - Blueberry Navy https://amzn.eu/d/35UXybT

And

Ringke Onyx Magnetic Case [Compatible with MagSafe] Designed for Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra, [Firm Grip] Non-Slip Anti-Fingerprint Phone Case, Rugged TPU Shockproof Cover - Black https://amzn.eu/d/5Vvm0K5

Associate

Another vote for the Ringke Onyx here - a good slim, grippy, rubber case.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Anyone found just a simple 'film' protector for the lenses? Managed to scratch my S23U ones so need to protect them somehow :/

(probably on the dirty floor at the gym!)

Soldato
Thanks, may try, quite like camo version, but one of the two reviews says it feels cheap and slippery.
It was probably Gucci's grandkid giving that review :D

I've had no issues with grip with this case. It's got textured grip on both sides and the back has a fine sand finish.

Associate
I've seen a few people now, including myself, who have had more trouble than usual getting the Spigen protector installed without getting stuff under it! The one I have on now (4th Spigen one!) has a tiny hair towards the top, left of the camera. It isn't making a bubble so I can cope with it there.

The JETech ones appear to have a black border around the edges. Are you using this protector with a case? Which case if so?

I'm using the Spigen with a Spigen case at the moment and there is very little room for the protector to be longer without it touching the case, but there is room on the sides if those black bits extend outwards a bit.

Lint and hairs collect like no ones business around the edges of my Spigen protector, which is really annoying! Hoping it'll stop doing it once the edges of the protector lose their "stick".
Using it with the Spigen Tough Armor and it fits well. The gap between the screen protector and the case is minimal.

Agree with the Spigen installation, but the JETech still took a few goes to get on without dust specs. At c£2.50 it's much easier to remove a bad one and swap it out. If you are particular about it, you really need to create a dust free enviroment, patience and a bit of luck!

Associate
The temptation to remove the glass SP is strong. After washing hands or going out in the cold and trying to use FPS it just does not detect my prints at all.
I had the exact same issue, I had to remove the glass protector and put on the Samsung official one. I have to be honest I don't mind it, installation was ok, can be confusing if its the first time you have seen this installation type though. The FPS is perfect now though so it was worth it.

cgk

cgk

Associate
Makes no real difference bit I notice the s24u will connect as wifi 6 in places in house where s23u will connect as wifi 6e

Associate
After using since Wednesday / Thursday I have the phone in a really good place.

Would really encourage people to use the Good lock tools and Theme park to customise, I've also used adb to remove some of the bloatware.

Also, if you use Themepark to create your own themes you can use 3rd party icons from the play store, you cannot do this with the built-in theme engine and have to use Samsung store icons which aren't that great .

Another tip, with the wallpapers. For the lock screen you can configure upto 15 wallpapers that rotate.

I love the fact Samsung provide so much flexibility, some may argue it's complex but I love that I can tailor it without having to use a 3rd party launcher
Got any screenshots of the masterpiece you've created?? :D

Associate
Caseology Parallax here I come!
What colour phone and case did you go for? Looking at the Parallax for my go to "non clear" case.
The edges look like they wrap around the phone more then my Spigen Hybrid clear, but it could just be the colour! Main concern is compatibility with screen protectors but considering Caseology is a Spigen brand I can imagine it would be fine with their own!

Back
Top Bottom