Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

My watch has finally been sent. I already own a Watch4 classic which has the dial. I do like this feature but I have found that recently the watch's battery drains quicker and it's a bit more clunky to use than it used to be. I suspect the software updates have done this.

Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
This means I've avoided the increase, only added a fiver to my bill, and got a brand new phone.
You're still overpaying massively compared to the rest of us who got it SIM free... Curious why you would choose another contract instead? I haven't had a contact for probably 10 years as they are such a rip off.

Man of Honour
LDAC and aptX-HD etc all working nicely, there is a bit of a process to them enabled though depending on the headphones you have.

Must be done in this order:
1: Gotta enable LDAC/HD Audio in the headphone maker's app first
2: Go into bluetooth settings, then select the cog for the connected headphones
3: Toggle on HD audio/LDAC/aptX etc as it is disabled by default. Unless it is also enabled here then Developer Options will list the better codec as available and not greyed out but you can't actually select and apply it as it reverts back to SBC/AAC.

EJfPdTa.jpeg
sIGTXs8.jpeg
2R0OVwD.jpeg

Soldato
You're still overpaying massively compared to the rest of us who got it SIM free... Curious why you would choose another contract instead? I haven't had a contact for probably 10 years as they are such a rip off.
I'm working a bit of a scam at work. I can get a company mobile and charge it to my project at approx 50/mo. However they've done this thing now where you have to pay real money / your own cash to top up for decent devices. My eyes aren't good enough for anything less than a Plus. Also their operator is Vodafone and that isn't great signal here (if I ever get asked :D).

So the scam is I charge in 80-90% of my personal bill. It's critical it's on a single invoice so O2, Vodafone, etc are off the cards because they do the two bills now (air time and device separately).

Anyway, long winded answer, but it's so I can get it for broadly free.

Reactions: A2Z
Associate
I'm working a bit of a scam at work. I can get a company mobile and charge it to my project at approx 50/mo. However they've done this thing now where you have to pay real money / your own cash to top up for decent devices. My eyes aren't good enough for anything less than a Plus. Also their operator is Vodafone and that isn't great signal here (if I ever get asked :D).

So the scam is I charge in 80-90% of my personal bill. It's critical it's on a single invoice so O2, Vodafone, etc are off the cards because they do the two bills now (air time and device separately).

Anyway, long winded answer, but it's so I can get it for broadly free.

O2 no longer split the device and tarrif payments, all rolled back into one now

Soldato
Ah that is a good point, although at least someof the tracks I sampled did sound better in aptX than SBC. Could be worse, could be like iPhones that only support aac lol.
AAC is actually a decent codec. Bitrate cannot be compared at face value. LDAC is usually the go to if you ever have the option.

Man of Honour
Ah I see, that screen is from one pair of headphones that doesn't have LDAC so falls back to aptX and aptX-HD. The LDAC screens are for the headphone with LDAC and that's up to 32bit float 192KHz which is a bit mental

WVV4shR.jpeg

So yeah looks like the highest quality codec I can go to on Samsung is LDAC. This also applies to Windows as well to be fair although aptX HD is also selectable in Windows.

Last edited:
Soldato
Even just using LDAC in 16/44 sounds richer and smoother to me. I didn't need to run mega high quality files to notice the difference.

Either way the headphone drivers and tuning have way more impact on sound that the actual codec.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yeah these Edifiers are the best buds I've heard in a long time, big headphone sound from a small TWS. I'm running them at 24 bit 48KHz with quality priority. All my media is at 48KHz so don't want to have it resampled by the DAC because the codec is set to lower or higher.

Sounds excellent though.

Last edited:
Soldato
LDAC sounds good but it is very processor intensive. The main problem is a lot of high-end headphones have gone down the AptX adaptive/Snapdragon sound route and not being able to use them to their full potential on Samsungs flagship phone sucks.

Last edited:
Agree with the above, so much more time to be had. I finally got my free watch today and set it up. Screen is slightly smaller than my 4 classic but a bit faster and smoother. I actually don't mind the missing bezel. I have swapped it over. I might put my classic on here at some point for sale.

Back
Top Bottom