Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Associate
How you getting on with the S24U now?

You did try selling it not long ago, good to see you still have it.
It's a cracking phone, only thing that still lets it down is the lag on human subjects, it has improved a little with the update.

I find myself still preferring my Pixel 8 pro for photos of kids etc and moving subjects, that isn't without it's own challenges though

Soldato
Anyone had issues with battery drain?

No doubt it's an app causing issues - When I first got the phone I was so impressed by the battery usage. Now I've somehow used 60% battery in the 4 1/2 hours I have been awake.

My Battery Activity screen says Youtube has used 29% (I did watch a 2 hour video), Chrome 2.4% and then some negligible use of 0.3% and under for a few things.

But what has used the other 30%?

This is me lately, youtube seems to be absolutely destroying my battery even if I'm not actively watching stuff on it.

Soldato
I used it fine for weeks then did the last update and it became worse. I might be dreaming it but I'm convinced it was better before update.
I actually fixed the issue, for some reason all the permissions had been removed from my google wallet, and i enabled them all it fixed the issue with tescos contactless payments, which i don't quite understand as i did not have any contactless payment issue at any other shops prior to enabling them!

Soldato
I actually fixed the issue, for some reason all the permissions had been removed from my google wallet, and i enabled them all it fixed the issue with tescos contactless payments, which i don't quite understand as i did not have any contactless payment issue at any other shops prior to enabling them!

Mine just seems to be as if the nfc thing is failing. I have to wave it infront of the device like ten times to get it to register. That's using Google wallet and my bank card on screen.

I might reset the wallet settings or something see if it matters.

Associate
Mine doesn't work properly in Tesco either. What permissions did you change? I can't see anything obvious that would impact payments.

Man of Honour
Was doing some capture for a projector review I am doing and in pro video mode the quality of low light recording is considerably better than before the April update. Look how clean and crisp this is, just 4K 60fps at 21:9 aspect ratio with manually set ISO/shutter:

Associate
So my S24 Ultra is currently with Samsung as one of the camera modules (likely the 5x) started obviously rattling when moving the phone around.

Simple things like rotating the phone to landscape or lifting it to my ear I'd hear a very audible click. Moving around when recording video I'd hear it in the recording! The noise stops when activating the 5x so it's likely that module causing the issue.

Of course using the Samsung fault bot thing it says that it's normal for the handset to make noise when shaken, but mine is far beyond this. I've handled a few of them and none make any noise unless obviously shaking it like a mad man.

Still, it's a shame it's gone faulty. The other other phone I've ever had to wrong was also a Samsung. Was a good while ago, S4, I've not had a Samsung long term since (besides the Galaxy Nexus series).

With any luck it gets back to be soon, sorted, and not "no fault found" or similar!

May consider a Pixel 9 Pro XL Plus Mega Ultra when that comes out!

Associate
So my S24 Ultra is currently with Samsung as one of the camera modules (likely the 5x) started obviously rattling when moving the phone around.

Simple things like rotating the phone to landscape or lifting it to my ear I'd hear a very audible click. Moving around when recording video I'd hear it in the recording! The noise stops when activating the 5x so it's likely that module causing the issue.

Of course using the Samsung fault bot thing it says that it's normal for the handset to make noise when shaken, but mine is far beyond this. I've handled a few of them and none make any noise unless obviously shaking it like a mad man.

Still, it's a shame it's gone faulty. The other other phone I've ever had to wrong was also a Samsung. Was a good while ago, S4, I've not had a Samsung long term since (besides the Galaxy Nexus series).

With any luck it gets back to be soon, sorted, and not "no fault found" or similar!

May consider a Pixel 9 Pro XL Plus Mega Ultra when that comes out!

I cant be the only one that shook my phone to see if there was a noise - there is by the way.

Back
Top Bottom