Samsung Galaxy Tab S8

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
I just bought an s7+ on the basis that there are some decent discounts currently on Samsung's site (suggesting they are clearing the decks for the s8?). They offered me a reasonable trade-in for my s5e and with cashback I got it for £450 (for the 128mb wifi model) and got a free speaker. Given how Samsung have been pricing their tablets for the last few years I can't see the s8 costing less than £800 for the larger-screened model so I'm happy with the deal.

Regardless of what the s8 ends up costing, the s7+ is great - it's very, very snappy (unlike the s5e which I found a little sluggish) and the s-pen (my main reason for wanting to upgrade) is terrific. Again, very responsive and drawing / writing on it is very smooth with (so far) no accidental input from my hand. If it does what you want it to do and you don't want to pay top dollar for the next offering then I'd say go for it.

Soldato
OP
If it does what you want it to do and you don't want to pay top dollar for the next offering then I'd say go for it.

I actually did order a 7+ from Samsung, it's getting delivered next week. As you say, the price was very good - I've ordered the 256GB model as it has the additional RAM too. It cost £695 and came with the additional speaker (which bizarrely has arrived a week before the tablet). I could have got £150 trade in for my S5e which would have meant £545 for the 7+ however I might gift the S5e to someone who needs it.

Did you get a £150 Google Play voucher?

Associate
Nah I missed the voucher by about 24 hours :/

I noticed when I ordered that certain models were out of stock with 7-10 day delivery time, I ended up getting silver so I could get it the next day.

Soldato
Just ordered a Tab S8, Samsung had some good deals on and with trade in I have a silver 128gb on the way for £314. What's really weird is that it originally priced as £316 but dropped by £2 when adding a Fit2... So Samsung paid me two quid to take a Fit2 off them :)

Disappointed with the S6 Lite I picked up last year, the performance was poor even just navigating around and web surfing. And the low refresh screen wasn't nice either but I got it for £130 so can't complain really.

The better spec SOC and 120hz screen on the Tab 8 should make this a decent upgrade. Couldn't justify the extra cost of the Plus for oled.

Associate
I've got the S8 Ultra, it's a nice bit of kit, I prefer the size and screen to my M1 iPad Pro. Use it mainly for Zoom/Teams calls, Stadia and CoD Mobile.

I managed to get the 256GB version for £850 plus a free Galaxy Tab which I should sell for about £200 on eBay.

Back
Top Bottom