*** Samsung Galaxy Z Fold Thread (it can fold and everything) ***

Soldato
It grows on you though. I new it was there when I bought the phone, but I don't even see it anymore.

I'll hold out for now still too expensive for me , but if I did would go for the oneplus one seems to be highly reviewed and best for less crease but £1300 still too much for me when I tend to stick to around £500-£600 and getting xiaomi / oneplus flagships

Last edited:
Associate
You notice the crease when the light hits it when you're looking at it at an angle.

Otherwise, I don't notice it on my fold 4 or flip 5.

I'm going to hold onto my 4 for the 6 or for a later model. I'm looking for something more than an iterative update.

Associate
I'll hold out for now still too expensive for me , but if I did would go for the oneplus one seems to be highly reviewed and best for less crease but £1300 still too much for me when I tend to stick to around £500-£600 and getting xiaomi / oneplus flagships
I wouldn't go for any first gen devices myself, like oneplus but each to their own I suppose.

Soldato
Everyone still loving their Z Fold 5's?
I recently ordered from the rainforest place, knowing that Samsung will prob be bring out a new model in the new year. I paid 1189 and am wondering if I should have waited a month to see what, if any price drops are to happen.
I've been through most of the Notes since I had the original and my current S22 Ultra is going to the wife. It'll be interesting to see whether it's as big a change to me as when I moved from an iPhone 4 to the Galaxy Note.
I've ordered a Spigen case for it also which has a pen slot so will most likely get the S pen too.

Associate
OP
I am still loving mine!! thats actually a pretty good price, the z fold 6 won't be out until next august at the earliest so plenty of time, I don't think I am going to be tempted by the s24 next year as I am so used to folding phones now. I am still al little tempted by the oneplus open though, but I also used Samsung galaxy smart tags so would mean I wouldn't have that If I went to oneplus.

Associate
I am still loving mine!! thats actually a pretty good price, the z fold 6 won't be out until next august at the earliest so plenty of time, I don't think I am going to be tempted by the s24 next year as I am so used to folding phones now. I am still al little tempted by the oneplus open though, but I also used Samsung galaxy smart tags so would mean I wouldn't have that If I went to oneplus.
Why you tempted with the oneplus open, if I may ask?

Soldato
I've currently retired my Fold 4 and it's just sitting there gathering dust, using the S23U as my main phone. Plan to use the Fold 4 as trade in for S24U or Fold 6. Fold 6 is rumored to have a new design with a wider front screen, so excited to see how that turns out.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I've currently retired my Fold 4 and it's just sitting there gathering dust, using the S23U as my main phone. Plan to use the Fold 4 as trade in for S24U or Fold 6. Fold 6 is rumored to have a new design with a wider front screen, so excited to see how that turns out.
What kind of trade in value do you get?

Associate
Not sure if this is the right thread - but anyway. I picked up a new Galaxy Z Flip 3 for £279.00 from a decent ebay retailer, the box had been opened but the phone was unused per the advert.

Opened the original Flip 3 box and the phone had been removed from the original cellophane wrapper but it still had all the cellophane protective strips on the edges, rear panels and also over the earpeice. Turned phone on and it updated to Oct 2022 security updates, November 2022 Android 13 and then eventually updated to December 2023 security update with Android 14 & One UI 6.

Very impressed so far with the phone so far, I have ordered a case as the phone feels very slippy in the hand. How long do you think the screen will last?

Associate
OP
I can't believe how quickly they depreciate though, I have seen fold5's going for like £700 second hand!! amazing considering how much they are new!!!

I am still loving mine though, no plans to chop it in....... yet.... at least until the s24 drops!!!

Soldato
I can't believe how quickly they depreciate though, I have seen fold5's going for like £700 second hand!! amazing considering how much they are new!!!

I am still loving mine though, no plans to chop it in....... yet.... at least until the s24 drops!!!
Just like EVs, people are scared about the durability of that screen.... whether that's justified or not.

Associate

Yup, apart from apple, iPhone devices, Samsung ones depriciate a lot. I would only either by new if there are good trade ins or just wait for second hand.

Soldato
Im considering getting my first foldable for when the fold 6 comes out. I have had Sony Xperia's for the last 4 years but I fancy a change and I can still use my Sony as a monitor for my camera and retire it for general use.
I'm not too bothered about the fold as I'm sure you don't notice it after a while, but as someone who religiously shoves his phone into his back pocket every time, it does look chunky. In real life, how bad is it really?
And how is it with video as it seems like it might be a strange aspect ratio? (might be wrong on this)

Back
Top Bottom