Samsung js9000 light bleed

Soldato
Hi

i bought this tv in 2016 and i think it was samsungs 3rd best model that year. Anyway, i have noticed light bleed that seems to be getting worse, is this acceptable for a 4 year old tv ?

Soldato
If you don't want light bleed, get an OLED.

Your experience with light bleed is common and normal for LCD/LED panels

Soldato
OP
Sometimes the blacks display really well on the tv and sometimes its like the images above.

Don't really want to invest in a new tv for a few years yet but it will be OLED when I do.

Thanks

Associate
This is a bit late, but just to add a different opinion I'm not sure I agree with the above. I own a JU7000 from the same age / range and I dont have bleed anything like as bad as the images in your picture even though mine is a couple of models down. A quick google of JS9000 light bleed on google seems to find tons of posts saying the same as you and that it suddenly appears as the TV ages. It looks like its a manufacturing defect and several people are suggesting they have had sucess getting full refunds under the warranty. One person even got a new panel sent out direct from samsung without so much as a visit based purely on pictures. If that doesnt support a known defect I dont know what does!

There is some suggestion that parts aren't obtainable for this panel any more and it looks like one purchaser from John Lewis got the fulll purchase price refund instead.

I certainly wouldn't be happy and if its still under warranty woudl be claiming.

Associate
I have this, and it has worsened with time. I've seen people loosen the screws on the back of the case which takes the pressure off the screen edges which apparently warp on curved screens, which fixes it.

Its on my list of things to do

Soldato
OP
I have this, and it has worsened with time. I've seen people loosen the screws on the back of the case which takes the pressure off the screen edges which apparently warp on curved screens, which fixes it.

Its on my list of things to do

Did you try it? Any luck if so?

Back
Top Bottom