Samsung or Vertex SSd's (3 of them @ 120/8gb)

Associate
Hi, i've currently got an i7 920 @ 3.8ghz and 1 velociraptor. It isn't that quick tbh. So i am going to invest in 3 ssd's because i think 3 120/128gb in raid 0 will benefit me significantly. However i can't decide between the ocz vertex series and

the samsungs (P22-J i think). Any suggestions would be appreciated and figures and as i don't have a clue about raid which is the best way to do it to get the most performance? Thanks a lot;)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ok well i think im going to go with vertex's, but raid wise is it better on board or using a card? Also my mobo is Asus Rampage II Extreme Intel X58, and budget wise isnt too much of a concern as long as it is reasonble unlike the new z drives (1tb = >£2500 which i wouldnt pay yet) Thanks a lot again

Associate
OP
thanks for the help, now thinkning that 2 or 3 30gb drives would be better until technology moves on and prices come down as i think in a year or 2 we'll see some unreal ssd that will conquer. But if i get 3 vertex's 30gb's i won't have enough sata ports so how can i get more? A raid card?

Associate
OP
Prob the cheapest solution for you would be to get a straight PCIe SATA card - one that just gives extra std ports rather than RAID - use the onboard SATA for the RAID array as it'll be the boot array too and then put your extra SATA devices like DVD-RW etc on the card. A quick google shows you can pick up one of these cards for about £20-£25 - much cheaper than a RAID card.

please could give me a link, i really dont know which one, there are so many lol

Back
Top Bottom