Samsung QE55Q8FN - HDR Content Very Dim

Associate
I recently purchased a Samsung QE55Q8FN, and was excited to view HDR content on it after seeing such great reviews on it.

However, all HDR content from my PS4 Pro or Xbox One X is very dim and not great at all.

I know a lot of people are used to overexposed images on most TV's/Monitor's, but as someone who uses a Colorimeter on my PC monitors to ensure good settings, the HDR content on this TV just seems completely flat and dimly lit.

A clear example for me was with Forza Horizon 4. Looking across what should have been very vivid scenery in the peak daylight (as seen when I turned HDR off) looked like a completely cloudy and drab day and image with HDR on.

I have ensured the option to enable HDR for that HDMI port is on, as well as having the Backlight setting maxed out, and even bumped up the Brightness setting to try and help. But it just looks so dark and dull. This is also in a room in complete darkness, where the imnage should seem at its brightest.

Does anyone else here have this TV and have tried out HDR content on it? Or have any insight?

Permabanned
have you realised there are two sets of settings.
when playing normal content there's one set of settings.
when playing hdr content there's another set of settings.
you can even create other sets of settings specific to inputs, but i think you'd know if you did that.

Associate
OP
have you realised there are two sets of settings.
when playing normal content there's one set of settings.
when playing hdr content there's another set of settings.
you can even create other sets of settings specific to inputs, but i think you'd know if you did that.

Yeah I have done endless testing of all the settings I can find whilst in HDR mode in a game, adjusting them on the fly, and just can’t get it to show any kind of white or bright colours nicely at all.

Back
Top Bottom