Samsung S23A700D 23" 120Hz 3D Widescreen Gaming Monitor - Black **GET THE VAT BACK?

Associate
Samsung S23A700D 23" 120Hz 3D Widescreen Gaming Monitor - Black **GET THE VAT BACK** [LS23A700DS/EN]

Was looking into 3D gaming and was wanting the Nvidea 2.0 and a decent 120hz monitor. However i see this Samsung monitor (I currently have a 1680x1050 BBW or something around that..one of the good monitors at the time that had issues with having 3 different versions and light bleed etc)

Anyhow, would this be only £160 by time i got cash back and also how would this compare to Nvidea 2 setup as the price seems too good to be true and i'm sure there is some downfalls somewhere!?

I currently game at 1680x1050 at 60hz, so wondered if the 1080p and 120hz is also worth the step up or wait for something that may be around the corner.
(oh n i have GTX460 if that affects anything?)

Associate
OP
I've got a GTX 480 and I know that the monitor doesn't 'officially' support the NVIDIA cards but I heard you can make them work.

My question is this, can I use the Samsung transmitter / glasses or do I need a piece of the 3D Vision kit to get it working (i.e. the transmitter?)

I really want this monitor but only if I can get 3D on it.

Ohhh i have GTX460 so maybe it's no good unless i do opt for the MSI 7850 i was loooking at!?

Associate
OP
yes you can use 3D with your nvidia card but only via the tridef software not the nvidia vision software which is not compatible.

tridef 3D works on both nvidia & ati cards.

Ahh, get ya thanks for that. Been looking at the 3D Nvidea glasses n thought...."ohh thats not bad price", then saw price of monitors to go with them and thought ouch!

This seems a very good price but dont fancy a dumbed down version of 3D if there is better out there, but then it is waay cheaper and prob wont have to get another graphiccs card if monitor does the work.

Back
Top Bottom