Samsung S23A700D 23" 120Hz 3D Widescreen Gaming Monitor - Black **GET THE VAT BACK?

Associate
I think the best answer to this is on the Nvidia forums itself regarding the Nvision 3D support. It's not supported by Nvidia though people are getting it to work with older drivers - if you've got a GTX680 then tread with caution.

Associate
yep also bought, nice one.
Edit, games running great at 120Hz
Wow, MW3 and Rfactor look cool in 3D, what a difference!
damn look at the time, got to go to bed, ok, go on, one more then.

Last edited:
Associate
So to anyone who owns this monitor would you get 3 of these in Nvidia Surround (2d) or is it worth the step up in image quality to go with a 2560x1440 monitor ? seriously tempted by the 3 monitor deal at the moment.

well its a branch at the moment, 120hz 3dpossible 1080p, or 60hz beyond hd res

you also cant get super high res monitor for what these are going for at the moment :/

Associate
OP
I've got a GTX 480 and I know that the monitor doesn't 'officially' support the NVIDIA cards but I heard you can make them work.

My question is this, can I use the Samsung transmitter / glasses or do I need a piece of the 3D Vision kit to get it working (i.e. the transmitter?)

I really want this monitor but only if I can get 3D on it.

Ohhh i have GTX460 so maybe it's no good unless i do opt for the MSI 7850 i was loooking at!?

Associate
Ohhh i have GTX460 so maybe it's no good unless i do opt for the MSI 7850 i was loooking at!?

yes you can use 3D with your nvidia card but only via the tridef software not the nvidia vision software which is not compatible.

tridef 3D works on both nvidia & ati cards.

Associate
OP
yes you can use 3D with your nvidia card but only via the tridef software not the nvidia vision software which is not compatible.

tridef 3D works on both nvidia & ati cards.

Ahh, get ya thanks for that. Been looking at the 3D Nvidea glasses n thought...."ohh thats not bad price", then saw price of monitors to go with them and thought ouch!

This seems a very good price but dont fancy a dumbed down version of 3D if there is better out there, but then it is waay cheaper and prob wont have to get another graphiccs card if monitor does the work.

Associate
i've enjoyed passive 3D on gaming & movies from my previous LG D2342P monitor far more than i did on these samsung 3D monitors,the problem is "active shutter" it makes the image too dark & 3D effects aren't really impressive like they were on the LG.i don't know about nvidia's new vision 2 light boost tech but for asking price the samsung S23A700D is well worth buying just for the 120hz. also the image quality is excellent probably best TN monitor i have seen.

Associate
I'm building a system with a single 6850, was just going to get the Iiyama e2409hds... then i found this. For PC and Xbox gaming is this worth the extra £26?

Also would I encounter any problems with my GFX card ?

Associate
is there a great difference between 60 and 120, im guessin there i, but will i notice it? also whats the height/tilt like on it, does it tilt atall? i play with everything on one level , i like a bit of tilt as my current doesnt atall so ive had to prop it up on the front to tilt it a bit which is a pain.

Associate
Just set mine up and can confirm the monitor itself is superb, crystal clear picture and very noticably sharper than the 3 year old Samsung it replaced.

Only problem is this is how my glasses arrived so hoping OCUK will just swap them if I visit the store tomorrow as really wanted to try 3D gaming over the weekend :(

Associate
is there a great difference between 60 and 120, im guessin there i, but will i notice it?

yes i think you will see slight improvement in normal use,everything will appear slightly smoother & sharper but the main benefit of 120hz is in PC gaming.

Associate
This one is for u Gibbo. i have a 7970 with a single dvi port.
if i purchase the msi lightning with 2 dvi ports can i run 120hz over 3 screens
with not buying adapters. ty ;)

Back
Top Bottom