Samsung SyncMaster S27A550H - No Signal

Associate
OK, so i just bought myself a Samsung SyncMaster S27A550H LCD LED Full HD 27" HDMI Monitor and I cannot get it do display a signal from my PC.

I have 23 inch Samsung BX2331 currently and I have no problems at all with it and I also have a 40" Samsung LED TV which connects no problems also.

The graphics card in my machine is an ATI Radeon HD 5670.

I connected the new monitor to the same cable and connection as the current one I am using (DVI to HDMI) and got no signal. Not even anything at POST. I also tried an HDMI to HDMI cable from the graphics card, but still nothing.

I conected the new monitor to my laptop's HDMI out and can't get a signal on that either.

However, I get a signal when I connect to my Xbox via HDMI and my Mother's Blu Ray player. Although it takes a while for the xbox to display the signal on screen.

Any ideas?

Caporegime
Have you tried using the VGA connector just so you can see the monitor works OK?

These monitors usually come with a VGA cable and and you probably got a DVI/VGA adapter with the graphics card or some HD 5670's have a direct VGA output.

Soldato
OK, so i just bought myself a Samsung SyncMaster S27A550H LCD LED Full HD 27" HDMI Monitor and I cannot get it do display a signal from my PC.

I have 23 inch Samsung BX2331 currently and I have no problems at all with it and I also have a 40" Samsung LED TV which connects no problems also.

The graphics card in my machine is an ATI Radeon HD 5670.

I connected the new monitor to the same cable and connection as the current one I am using (DVI to HDMI) and got no signal. Not even anything at POST. I also tried an HDMI to HDMI cable from the graphics card, but still nothing.

I conected the new monitor to my laptop's HDMI out and can't get a signal on that either.

However, I get a signal when I connect to my Xbox via HDMI and my Mother's Blu Ray player. Although it takes a while for the xbox to display the signal on screen.

Any ideas?

In the Setup & Reset menu make sure it is set to 'Auto Source: Manual' and 'PC' mode not 'AV' mode then use the source button to cycle to HDMI.

Associate
OP
In the Setup & Reset menu make sure it is set to 'Auto Source: Manual' and 'PC' mode not 'AV' mode then use the source button to cycle to HDMI.

Yep, done all that! Still Nowt. Just a black screen. What is interesting is that if i remove the cable whilst connected it says check connection. When it's plugged back in the message disapears but the screen stays black.

Caporegime
Yes. it works when connected via VGA.

At least you know the monitor works.

If you're setting the monitor up correctly for the HDMI input then it sounds like it has a broken HMDI connection or the cable you're using is duff.

If you know the cable is OK with other devices then it sounds like it's the monitor's HDMI connection which is faulty.

You could try another HDMI cable if you haven't already.

I assume your PC is set to output 1920x1080 @ 60Hz?

Associate
OP
Yeah, it's set at the correct settings. All my other Samsung panels are 1080p and they run off my PC just fine. I've tried 2 different cables that I know are fully functional.

I'm so P@%^&* off. There's no support at ******.com until Monday now.

WHY OH WHY DID I SHOP THERE?

Caporegime
Yeah, it's set at the correct settings. All my other Samsung panels are 1080p and they run off my PC just fine. I've tried 2 different cables that I know are fully functional.

I'm so P@%^&* off. There's no support at ******.com until Monday now.

WHY OH WHY DID I SHOP THERE?

You can't really blame where you bought it from.

You could have received a faulty monitor from anywhere and most places only offer support Monday to Friday or Saturday and during business hours.

Associate
OP
You can't really blame where you bought it from.

You could have received a faulty monitor from anywhere and most places only offer support Monday to Friday or Saturday and during business hours.

Yeah true!

Personally though I find it pretty poor form in today's 24 hour society that I can't get support at a weekend. These companies want my business and in exchange I want a good service.

Caporegime
Yeah true!

Personally though I find it pretty poor form in today's 24 hour society that I can't get support at a weekend. These companies want my business and in exchange I want a good service.

They could provide 24 hour support if we were prepared to pay increased prices to cover it.

Companies won't do it because it would make the uncompetative.

If you could buy a product with 24 hour support for £250 from company A, or the same product with Monday to Friday 9-5 support for £200 from company B, then 99% of people would probably buy from company B.

Back
Top Bottom