samsung tablet

Soldato
It depends on your phone plan of course but if I need internet on my S9+, I'll just tether it to my phone instead. Saves the additional cost of buying the more expensive device and having to have a 2nd SIM tariff every month and I've certainly always got my phone on me anyway.

Associate
It depends on your phone plan of course but if I need internet on my S9+, I'll just tether it to my phone instead. Saves the additional cost of buying the more expensive device and having to have a 2nd SIM tariff every month and I've certainly always got my phone on me anyway.

I do the same. Tether from phone if needed.

Fantastic option to tether from phone! Thank you gents

Last edited:
Soldato
Forgot to ask the most important question.
Any issues when using the tablet in one's nesting area (sitting up-ish inbed)?

I have the slim book cover for my S9U, it's a little too low if just resting on your lap above the duvet, a pillow gets it to the correct height. The fixed angle on the stand is perfect though.

I upgraded from an S6 which could be held comfortably in portrait to landscape one-handed for reading. The S9U is too large to be held for too long, I've looked at the tablet stands online but none look like they'll last or even support the weight.

Soldato
I will defo check on the price of that keyboard from Samsung...seems insanely high

Does the glass screen protector have any detrimental effects on using the stylus?

The official book cover was around £60, I didn't see any of the reviews mention it, the front cover can be flipped under and around the back to make a flat base for the fold out but to rest on, if using on a lap. Around the same time I also bought the MX keys mini and MX master 3S for my PC, which I sometimes use with the tablet. All three cost less that the official keyboard cover.

Associate
I'm tempted to go for the official Samsung keyboard with trackpad. seems pretty heavy and sturdy for my clumsy hands and is on 30% discount sold from Amazon directly:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Ga...TF8&coliid=I2DIOHTJNOBVMT&colid=1SMBBJ6I4UVES

Also looking at this screen protector((check the application video with it's template, pretty cool):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CBMPL...4UVES&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it_im

You can also get a further 5% discount form Samsung on the tablet if you buy it through the Samsung app on your phone.

Oh to be a student again....

Associate
I bit the bullet and went for the S9 Ultra/keyboard cover/screen protector. First impressions are: the Tablet is impressive in it's quality of build, screen and size. Extremely thin and looks classy. Imho, you don't need a separate keyboard unless productivity with typing is paramount and you want to want to keep the screen clean/have more real estate for multiple windows.
It's a little to large to hold in ones hands for long periods like smaller tablets. Stand is paramount. The connection/downloads between my Samsung phone and the tablet was a peace of cake. She runs super fast and snappy.

Haven't had much time to use it but will report back as I get to know her :)

Bought on the £200 sale deal with a further 5% discount through the Samsung app and splashed out on the 512gig version with savings accrued. I went for Sunday delivery (I placed the order on the Saturday) with DPD which was tracked/fast and efficient.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom