Samsung to iphone

nam

nam

Soldato
Hello,
I have been a long time Samsung user , currently with a S24+ and Galaxy Watch 6 classic.

Considering for next release to switch to iPhone and Apple Watch

Crazy idea or will it be a smooth transfer ?

Anyone been through this ?

Thank you

Soldato
Apple products are very easy to use and incredibly uniform over all generations and devices.

If you use one Apple device you can easily jump to another.

It is the reason so many little children and elderly can use them, they are easy mode.

Apple famously have disadvantages over android but you are probably aware of some of them.

Soldato
The only real answer is that they’re different.

It’s what you get used to.

My first few phones were Android, up until the Pixel 2 Pro. I then switched to an iPhone XS Max and haven’t looked back.

I switched because I’d had enough of sub par optimisation with background tasks and location handling.

It didn’t matter which Android phone I had, I’d rinse the battery by 8pm, with location always being a huge hog.

The iPhone keyboard isn’t as good, but I personally prefer the way iOS handles almost everything else.

It’s fluid, and it “just works”. Consistently good at everything.

nam

nam

Soldato
OP
after using Samsung for years, I tried to use an iPhone and I was clueless. Everything was back to front it seemed. Could hardly work it out. Also the iPhone keyboard is very poor compared to Samsung. I would not swap for anything.

agreed the memory muscle takes time to adapt. It is similar to going from windows to a mac. There is learning curve there which you will either enjoy or hate

Soldato
the move process it self is not difficult per say but takes time.

whatsapp was the problem area for me but that apparetelly has got better recently.

it takes a couple weeks to get used to it but once you're past the "pain" stage it all makes sense and picking up certain android phones really reminds you why people like iOS.

if you want a phone that sorta just works it's perfect. If you enjoy playing with customization etc, it probably will feel very limited - getting better with iOS updates but still not at the level of Android.

I did try to move back to android with s24u but had to sell it soon after, was too clunky and basic things just didn't work as well.

Back
Top Bottom