Samsung Visits Overclockers UK!

OcUK Staff
There has been a bit of a buzz around here at Overclockers UK HQ today, the team from Samsung are with us today letting us demo their brand new 3D monitors... Here are some sneaky peeks!

I must say personally that they are absolutely fantastic products, I particularly love the designs of the monitors, but not only that the way the 3D works, because it is monitor based 3D, this means what ever you put through the monitor, a film, game, applications it becomes 3D, so no need for 3D compatible equipment.

5949837835_69d67a6001_b.jpg

5950301852_f8fd112e19_b.jpg

5949743235_c9bbcdd49a_b.jpg

(Our Flickr Photostream link is here if you want to catch up on the latest updates here at OcUK: http://www.flickr.com/photos/65407489@N08/)

The range they are showing off are these:

Samsung S23A750D 23" 120Hz 3D Widescreen Ultra Thin LED Monitor - Glossy Black @ £399.98 inc VAT

MO-164-SA_400.jpg

Samsung S27A750D 27" 120Hz 3D Widescreen Ultra Thin LED Monitor - Glossy Black @ £529.99 inc VAT

MO-165-SA_400.jpg

Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz 3D Widescreen Ultra Thin LED Monitor - Glossy Black @ £599.99 inc VAT

MO-166-SA_400.jpg

Monitor based? Meaning you still need the goggles, but you aren't limited to Nvidia cards? How does it compare with the Nvidia stuff, as I assume this is ideal for AMD card users?

That is right, the monitor sorts it all out, so you just put a Blu-Ray disc in your PS3 plug it into the monitor, pop on the glasses and wow! :D

It is really fantastic, and I am not just saying this as a sales pitch, I am sure if any customers here have one will tell you also how awesome they are. :)

Damn, these really sound awesome! Out of interest, what's the difference between the A750 and the A950? The fancier stand can't be worth £70 alone, can it? :o

I believe the difference is that the A950 has Smart Hub built in but the A750 doesn't - I will try and find out for sure though as I could be wrong!

Close! Basically the difference between these models are exactly the same however they look physically different the 950 has Dual Link DVI whereas the 750 doesn't. That is all it is, however these have the letter A in front of the model numbers so this is the standard monitor, if you go with the T model then as ubershell says it will come with the built in Smart Hub which is where you can download apps and watch content through the monitor (like BBC iPlayer and YouTube etc).

Poke the Samsung guys about a release date for the a750d monitors.

They are on our website for pre-order and they are due very soon, maybe today/tomorrow.

If anyone has any more questions Samsung related I can try my best to ask the reps for you to grab the answers. :)

5UB did you see the 120mhz 2D in action what was the performance like?

It was very smooth, the performance of the monitor was absolutely fantastic in 120hz, however I wouldn't say the 3D was as good as 3D vision, but it is still awesome, much better than what you see in the cinema. I was say the 3D was between cinema level and 3D vision level, however I prefer this to 3D vision personally as the easiness of it and how it is compatible with everything too.

i'm kinda confused by this, are you saying:

best: 3d Vision
middle: samsung monitor 3D
worst: cinema 3D

because thats the only way what you have said would work, and i would find it incredible if you think these can be better than the iMAX 3D you get in cinemas

Thinking about it, I would not comment on the iMAX 3D as I have not personally seen it myself, however if you can get your hands on trying these monitors I would highly recommend it as they are really good.

Back
Top Bottom