• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire 280x toxic tearing/bad image in bf4

Caporegime
If you read all the reviews they say a min 1000 watts is needs to run the 280x toxic x-fire

Which reviews? none of the ones i read say that. some bedroom PEBAK kid? :p

They are BIOS locked to 225w, they will not pull more than 225w each at stock, you can increase that by increasing the board power line by 20%, that takes them to a maximum of 270w each, thats a maximum of 520w combined when over-volted / overclocked.

Permabanned
Which reviews? none of the ones i read say that. some bedroom PEBAK kid? :p

They are BIOS locked to 225w, they will not pull more than 225w each at stock, you can increase that by increasing the board power line by 20%, that takes them to a maximum of 270w each, thats a maximum of 520w combined.

I'm on my phone right now.I'll show you when on desktop When on full load It draws 460 something watts on 1 card. I think u need to read again.

Caporegime
I'll show you the review. I thought it was wrong too, but read the power draw twice and it does say in 3 reviews you'll need a 1000 watts min in x-fire

They are filling you full of it ;) i have explained this. the only way they will pull 400w is if you unlock the +50% LN2 benching hack, and trust me with 400w coursing through it the GPU will get so hot it would burn its way through the PCB (metaphorically) and the VRM's would last about 20 minutes.

Associate
I have that exact same thing if i under-volt to much, turn the GPU core volts up a tad and it will go away.

are you overclocked?

Nope mines running at stock out of the box clocks. Dont want to mess with it if its faulty.
Might have to try the drivers that came on the CD, all the beta ones on AMDs site so far have had varying degrees of artifacting :(

It mostly happens playing GW2, anything from odd small lines across the screen to total meltdown with just random colour blocks all over the place!

If I cant find any drivers that even remotely fix it I might just RMA it. Its a beautiful card but its not worth this much hassle!

Back
Top Bottom