• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire Fury Tri-X Temperatures?

Associate
Just plugged in my new and shiny Tri-X Fury from Sapphire and the temps seem a little odd. Haven't properly tested them out in games yet but the idle temperature of the card seems to be sitting around 60 Celsius? In all of the reviews I've seen this card sits at around 30-35 idle, so what's the issue here? Fans are still in 0db mode btw.

Caporegime
Hmm strange. Any ideas of what it could be?

Could be a faulty fan connector if they aren't spinning at 60 degrees, or its not connected properly.

Even so, the idles too high as well, unless your running 2 screens, im just not sure if they do run hotter like other cards when more than 1 screen is connected.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Could be a faulty fan connector if they aren't spinning at 60 degrees, or its not connected properly.

Even so, the idles too high as well, unless your running 2 screens, im just not sure if they do run hotter like other cards when more than 1 screen is connected.

The card's running at 70 idle now, even after disconnecting 1 of my 2 monitors
:S

Associate
OP
Not right at all that, id RMA it, cooler might not be seated right either if its that high @ idle. :(

Hmm, there has to be some other kind of solution surely? Could it be my psu? Only running a 650w one at the moment. Could it be the fact that I have to have the gpu sat in the X16 slot instead of X8 because my cpu's reservoir is in the way?

Caporegime
Have you got 144Hz set? Multi monitors and 144Hz are normally the reason a card doesn't downclock like it should. If not, possibly a virus (a miner proggy running perhaps?).

Associate
OP
Have you got 144Hz set? Multi monitors and 144Hz are normally the reason a card doesn't downclock like it should. If not, possibly a virus (a miner proggy running perhaps?).

Yeah, got a 1440p 144hz monitor, and another 1060p 60hz monitor. Even when the latter is disconnected though, the temps seem to be the same if not worse?
From what I can see the card is downclocking, but only to around 500mhz from 1000, and it doesn't affect the temperatures at all

Soldato
I think its a driver bug. I get the same as you (win 10, 144hz monitor) and it idles at 60 odd and whilst gaming doesnt go above 23% fan resulting in 70/80C. If I use trixx to flick to a custom profile it'll drop the temps down to 30C, flick it back to automatic and it hovers at 30C like normal

Caporegime
I think its a driver bug. I get the same as you (win 10, 144hz monitor) and it idles at 60 odd and whilst gaming doesnt go above 23% fan resulting in 70/80C. If I use trixx to flick to a custom profile it'll drop the temps down to 30C, flick it back to automatic and it hovers at 30C like normal

Good info that and something I wasn't aware of.

Soldato
Currently I've found 0% fan to 40C and then increase steadily from there to be the most similar to the standard profile. You still have the 0 fan speed this way unlike if you use trixx's preset custom graph.

Might be a win 10 thing? Couldnt say.

Associate
OP
Currently I've found 0% fan to 40C and then increase steadily from there to be the most similar to the standard profile. You still have the 0 fan speed this way unlike if you use trixx's preset custom graph.

Might be a win 10 thing? Couldnt say.

I'm on Windows 8.1, 64 bit :o

Not really sure what's going on, but I've just set a manual fan speed of 70% constantly on Afterburner and temps seem to be fine. Don't really mind the noise but still

Permabanned
Just plugged in my new and shiny Tri-X Fury from Sapphire and the temps seem a little odd. Haven't properly tested them out in games yet but the idle temperature of the card seems to be sitting around 60 Celsius? In all of the reviews I've seen this card sits at around 30-35 idle, so what's the issue here? Fans are still in 0db mode btw.

Mine idles around 30 to 33 degrees and with my one to one fan profile I haven't seen it hit 60 on load in the last week or so. Demanding games like Dying light make it hit 65-68 ish.

I just spent a couple of hours in a heavily modded (textures and shaders) Stalker game and real temp recorded a max of 52 degrees during the session.

Permabanned

Not really sure what's going on, but I've just set a manual fan speed of 70% constantly on Afterburner and temps seem to be fine. Don't really mind the noise but still

Don't put up with that, If you're sure it's not working right send it back for a replacement, One of the cards biggest pluses is the great temps and total silence.

Soldato

Odd. I'm sure mine was induced some time between first installing and where we are now (so 3 driver installs and a new os) as its a new behaviour.

honestly set a custom profile rather than a fixed one then you wont have to deal with the noise, which you shouldn't have to deal with...

0% to 40C
then a point at 60% for 80C
and one at 100% for 100C

well worth it and you get your silent cooling back

Back
Top Bottom